Good Place To Get Jeppesen Enroute Charts?

Old October 4th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

Default Good Place To Get Jeppesen Enroute Charts?

Jeppesens web site really is not user friendly when looking for Just 1 Low
Enroute Chart anyone know of a place in the states that has a great
selection "World Wide" and that will sell and ship just 1 or 2 charts at a
time? Thanks!

Old October 4th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 19:20:18 -0700, "NW_Pilot"
wrote:

Jeppesens web site really is not user friendly when looking for Just 1 Low
Enroute Chart anyone know of a place in the states that has a great
selection "World Wide" and that will sell and ship just 1 or 2 charts at a
time? Thanks!

Did you try just calling Jepp customer service?
Old October 4th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Jepp sells SUBSCRIPTIONS by regions. They will then sell a
"trip kit" for a one-time trip to other regions.

Old October 4th 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave S

NW_Pilot wrote:
Jeppesens web site really is not user friendly when looking for Just 1 Low
Enroute Chart anyone know of a place in the states that has a great
selection "World Wide" and that will sell and ship just 1 or 2 charts at a
time? Thanks!

As someone else said, they are subscription only now. You buy the plates
and charts for a region.

Its a package deal.
Old October 4th 06, 12:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:02:40 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
wrote:

Jepp sells SUBSCRIPTIONS by regions. They will then sell a
"trip kit" for a one-time trip to other regions.

I've obtained single copies of charts on several occasions during the past
years for outside of my subscription area, without having to purchase a
region.
Old October 4th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

NW_Pilot wrote:

Jeppesens web site really is not user friendly when looking for Just 1 Low
Enroute Chart anyone know of a place in the states that has a great
selection "World Wide" and that will sell and ship just 1 or 2 charts at a
time? Thanks!

If you have Jeppesen's FlightStar, you can print off low or high altitude
en route charts from the software.

--
Peter
Old October 4th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"Peter R." wrote in message
NW_Pilot wrote:

Jeppesens web site really is not user friendly when looking for Just 1
Low
Enroute Chart anyone know of a place in the states that has a great
selection "World Wide" and that will sell and ship just 1 or 2 charts at
time? Thanks!

If you have Jeppesen's FlightStar, you can print off low or high altitude
en route charts from the software.

--
Peter

Yea, I have a Flitestar I like To have the real chart in my hands.

Old October 4th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
Jepp sells SUBSCRIPTIONS by regions. They will then sell a
"trip kit" for a one-time trip to other regions.

When looking for just 1 or 2 charts for a specific aera a trip kit really
blows the bank!

Old October 4th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Doug[_1_]

What is the deal with charts in Europe. I know there are Jepp charts,
but are there local govt charts too? Sort of similar to USA with the
govt charts in the USA?

Old October 4th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Sam Spade

Peter R. wrote:
NW_Pilot wrote:

Jeppesens web site really is not user friendly when looking for Just 1 Low
Enroute Chart anyone know of a place in the states that has a great
selection "World Wide" and that will sell and ship just 1 or 2 charts at a
time? Thanks!

If you have Jeppesen's FlightStar, you can print off low or high altitude
en route charts from the software.

Not a good idea! The electronic en route charts sometimes misplace MEAs
or miss them altogether. DME fixes can be missing. And so forth.
Jeppesen does not hold out the electronic en route charts to be reliable
at this time. That is why they issue paper en route charts with
JeppView subscriptions.

The NACO en route charts in electroic format that Aeroplanner sells are
reliable because they are raster scans.