I'm searching for a book.

Old December 22nd 08, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Sqeeb

Default I'm searching for a book.

Welcome.
I do not know if it's the best place(or places because i send this mail to
rec.aviation.military and rec.aviation.piloting) to ask, but I don't know
any better.

I am searching for a book about modern fighter dogfighting, modern air
combat manoeuvering(excuse me but I do not know how to spell it) and so on.
I have only found this two books on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fighter-Comb.../dp/0870210599

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1..._luc_sbs_02_02

I will be very happy if someone would help me.

I'm sorry for all mistakes that I have done in this mail.

Greet,
Sqeeb

Old December 22nd 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

On Dec 22, 4:44 am, "Sqeeb" wrote:
Welcome.
I do not know if it's the best place(or places because i send this mail to
rec.aviation.military and rec.aviation.piloting) to ask, but I don't know
any better.

I am searching for a book about modern fighter dogfighting, modern air
combat manoeuvering(excuse me but I do not know how to spell it) and so on.
I have only found this two books on amazon:

You came to a good place.
This fellow poster is an author(ity) on the subject,
Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
www.thunderchief.org

If he doesn't know it, it likely doesn't exist.
You might contact him for more advice.
Ken
Old December 22nd 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Sqeeb

This fellow poster is an author(ity) on the subject,
Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
www.thunderchief.org

If he doesn't know it, it likely doesn't exist.

I see he wrote some books. Now it is begining to be a problem with choosing
the 'best ones'...

You might contact him for more advice.

You really think he has time for writing mails to flight-noobs like me?

Old December 22nd 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

Default I'm searching for a book, Ed Rasimus.

On Dec 22, 8:51 am, "Sqeeb" wrote:
This fellow poster is an author(ity) on the subject,
Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
www.thunderchief.org

If he doesn't know it, it likely doesn't exist.

I see he wrote some books. Now it is begining to be a problem with choosing
the 'best ones'...

You might contact him for more advice.

You really think he has time for writing mails to flight-noobs like me?

Of course!
Ed's a frequent poster here, search this group, and
read some of his articles, I think he's working on a
new book right now, but he usually checks in every
few days.
Ken
Old December 22nd 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Ed Rasimus[_1_]

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:51:50 +0100, "Sqeeb" wrote:

This fellow poster is an author(ity) on the subject,
Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
www.thunderchief.org

If he doesn't know it, it likely doesn't exist.

I see he wrote some books. Now it is begining to be a problem with choosing
the 'best ones'...

You might contact him for more advice.

You really think he has time for writing mails to flight-noobs like me?

Ya never know.

Shaw's book is an excellent resource. But, you'd be advised to already
know the basics such as what a high and low speed yo-yo are, what
lead, lag and pure pursuit curves are, what radial g is about, what
e-m (energy manuverabilty) and P-sub-S deal with, what mutual support
is about in a free/engaged fighter scenario, and what weapons
parameters in a comparative scenario mean, things like F-poles.

Your initial query does little to establish your start point in the
discussion. You might seek out an old pamphlet by Boots Blesse titled
"No Guts, No Glory" or watch some reruns of the "Dogfight" series on
the History Channel. Seriously, they are good primers on the topic.

Old December 22nd 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Sqeeb

Ya never know.

But I'll meaby try when I'll have a little free time.

Shaw's book is an excellent resource. But, you'd be advised to
already know the basics such as what a high and low speed yo-yo
are, what lead, lag and pure pursuit curves are,

I know, that's simple.

what radial g is about,

Radial g? Erm... Do You mean g-force? That force which in physics is equal
to weidv^2 / r?

what e-m (energy manuverabilty)

Simple. energy = velocity + altitude.

and P-sub-S deal with, what mutual support is about in a
free/engaged fighter scenario, and what weapons
parameters in a comparative scenario mean, things like F-poles.

Uhm... That would be quite difficult at the moment. But I'm sure that I can
read about it somewhere.

Your initial query does little to establish your start point in the
discussion. You might seek out an old pamphlet by Boots Blesse
titled "No Guts, No Glory" or watch some reruns of the "Dogfight"
series on the History Channel. Seriously, they are good primers on
the topic.

I have watched already some videos more less related to dogfighting on
youtube.com and red couple of articles. Meaby I will suprise You guys, but I
am not from USA or the rest of english-speaking world. I am from Poland and
there are very few reccurent topics (basics manouvers, e-m and some history)
in my language.

In connection to above mentioned I'm searching for a book(or meaby two)
about dogfighting, from basics theory to photos/illustrations of real
traning/combat situations. I am really receptive.. I hope You get my point
now.

I am thinking right now about that Shaw's book, but firstly I'll try to find
lower-priced one. 46 pounds its quite a lot for me(meaby in dollars it will
be less). But I also think about Yours "Palace Cobra". This book is directed
on storys from Vietnam War?

Sorry for all language-mistakes.

Greet,
Sqeeb

Old December 22nd 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Sqeeb

to weidv^2 / r?

I wanted to wrote weight * velocity ^ 2 / radius

Old December 22nd 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
guy

On 22 Dec, 18:44, "Sqeeb" wrote:
[...]

You might try pinging JasiekS, he is from Poland, IIRC Warsaw, and has
good technical knowledge, he might be able to point you at Polish
sources.

cheers

Guy
Old December 22nd 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
gpsman

On Dec 22, 1:08*pm, Ed Rasimus wrote:

Shaw's book is an excellent resource.

"Excellent"...?

Is there a better one?
-----

- gpsman
Old December 22nd 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Ed Rasimus[_1_]

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:55:22 -0800 (PST), gpsman
wrote:

On Dec 22, 1:08*pm, Ed Rasimus wrote:

Shaw's book is an excellent resource.

"Excellent"...?

Is there a better one?
-----

- gpsman

Always! You are asking if there is a single "universal truth".

What's the purpose? What's the aircraft? What are the weapons? What is
the scenario? Are we talking about comparative performance or fully
integrated modern combat scenarios?

Typically the latest tactics manuals for a given weapon system are
going to be "better" than generic discussions of the subject.

Check behind the "green door".

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
www.thunderchief.org

searching for jean rosemarieaddison simmonds Naval Aviation 0 April 22nd 08 08:48 AM
searching for Danny Ken Gage Home Built 0 November 13th 07 06:29 PM
OLC Searching Jack Soaring 2 August 19th 05 05:43 PM
FA: 1-Day-Left: Rare Book - THE SKYCRAFT BOOK - 1932 Aviation Book - Vintage Aviation Phyllis Aviation Marketplace 0 June 27th 05 01:21 AM
FA: Rare Book - THE SKYCRAFT BOOK - 1932 Aviation Book - Vintage Aviation Hannah Aviation Marketplace 0 June 21st 05 02:45 AM