Garmin versus Lowrance

Old December 19th 03, 01:47 AM
Jay Honeck

The avmap is amazing. I'm going to read up on the monochrome unit. Anyone
own one of these that can make a few comments?

I've got the color version. It has EVERYTHING in it, from the obstruction
database that Garmin eschews, to all instrument approaches.

Best of all, of course, is the huge, easily readable display that still fits
neatly on the yoke. It's ideal for our kind of flying.

If you have any specific questions, fire away. :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 20th 03, 01:38 AM
Jay Honeck

What power supply does it use?

It plugs into the cigar lighter.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

"RD" wrote in message

Thank You,
Ryan

Old December 29th 03, 06:01 PM
No Spam Please

I was looking for a relatively inexpensive GPS and after reading the
Avionics West review bought an AirMap 500.
I wrote about it on my weblog he
http://www.groovelicious.org/mt/davi...es/000247.html

So far, I've been pleased with it. Haven't really had a chance to use
it much though, but for the price (especially the on-line price of
$425 I found), it represents great value in my opinion.

"RD" wrote in message ...
Anyone have any advice or opinions on the following models? I'm going to buy
a Garmin 195 (used) or a Lowrance 500 or 1000.

Old December 31st 03, 02:20 AM
John Clonts

Will it record tracks in 3D? I couldn't tell from your weblog entry, nor
from the user manual at lowrance.com...

Thanks,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
N7NZ

om...

Old January 2nd 04, 04:32 PM
No Spam Please

John - I don't believe that it will. Or if it does, it doesn't seem to
have a way of displaying that information. I'll do some more digging
at some point, because it would be nice to able to see that
information.

David.