Adjustment driver for King VOR head

Old August 24th 05, 12:01 AM
Mike Rapoport

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message
news:8%LOe.2929$Ix4.2120@okepread03...
What's your take on all this "Ground the MU-2" crap coming out of the
Colorado congress criters?

It is being driven by a lawyer in Texas that has sued Mitsubishi numerous
times in the past. He got the family of someone killed in one of the CO
crashes to get the CO congressmen to write the letters to the FAA. All this
is setting up for a lawsuit. This also puts the FAA in a difficult
position. The airplane has been flying 38yrs, made millions of flights,
meets the certification requirements and doesn't have the worst accident
record in its class, however the FAA obviously cannot ignore Congress. I
predict that the end result will be a type rating requirement on the MU-2
which is something that Mitsubishi has been pushing for a long time.
Basically every pilot would be required to take an ATP flight test in the
airplane before being allowed to be PIC just like a jet. I don't have the
data, but apparantly there is a huge difference in accident rates between
those who have regular recurrent simiulator training and those who do not.

Mike
MU-2

Old August 24th 05, 01:06 AM
Mike Rapoport

They are saying that it is unsafe. The whole thing is being driven by a
lawyer who is going to represent the family of one of fatal crashes in CO.

It is sometimes pathetic how our system works. Lawyers try to create lots
of smoke so that they can convince the jury that there was a fire and by the
time a proper investigation is done the lawsuit is already decided. A
perfect example was the breast implant case wherein a gigantic award was
made before an unbiased government study found that they were safe. It is
the same in aviation where the best information (NTSB reports) are not
permitted into evidence.

Mike
MU-2

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
k.net...

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message

What's your take on all this "Ground the MU-2" crap coming out of the
Colorado congress criters?

What are the Colorado congress critters saying about the MU-2?

Old August 24th 05, 06:34 AM
Scott D

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:01:19 GMT, "Mike Rapoport"
wrote:

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message
What's your take on all this "Ground the MU-2" crap coming out of the
Colorado congress criters?

It is being driven by a lawyer in Texas that has sued Mitsubishi numerous
times in the past. He got the family of someone killed in one of the CO
crashes to get the CO congressmen to write the letters to the FAA. All this
is setting up for a lawsuit.

I was thinking of you Mike the other day when I heard about this smoke
and mirror thing about the MU-2 on the radio. I live between COS and
APA and I can say that the weather when this last crash happened about
2 weeks ago was poor. Very low ceilings and convective activity was
in the area.when the crash occurred. I believe they found the crash
about 2 miles away from the approach end. This does have an earmark
as pilot error from hearing the scuttlebutt around the airport, but we
shall see what the NTSB has to say.

I haven't heard which client this lawyer is representing but from the
descriptions that I have heard pertaining to both accidents, I don't
believe that either had anything in common with each other. The other
crash happened in December and if I recall correctly, he lost an
engine just after takeoff and didn't make it back to the field.

Scott D.