Getting rid of Speedbyrd forever

Old October 5th 03, 01:55 AM
Dan

Default Getting rid of Speedbyrd forever

Place a kill filter on oss.edu which is the server he is using.
Unfortunately it will also remove everybody else from that server. I look at
it this way oss.edu doesn't seem willing or able to get rid of him and this
works. If enough people do it he will just swivel up and die like the slug
he is.

Old October 5th 03, 03:08 AM
Peter Duniho

"Dan" wrote in message
Place a kill filter on oss.edu which is the server he is using.
Unfortunately it will also remove everybody else from that server. I look

at
it this way oss.edu doesn't seem willing or able to get rid of him and

this
works.

As far as I can tell, there is no "oss.edu". I contacted Ohio State, whose
IP address he's forging in his headers. It's not clear whether they are
going to take legal action. Probably not, since he's about as "small fry"
as fry get. But you never know.

I've also contaced the news server company (newscene.com) through which his
posts are getting to the Usenet, to inform them of his behavior. It's
likely that his insistence on continuing to change his posting credentials
is against their terms of service. One hopes he will simply be banned from
using their service, rather than getting a slap on the wrist.

Beyond that, I do not understand why people insist on continuing the feed
this troll. He never writes anything worth responding to, and all that
answering his inanities does is encourage him. You don't need him in your
kill-file to ignore him.

Pete

Old October 5th 03, 04:02 AM
Dan

True but it is easier to ignore him when you don't have to see his rants,
insults or taunts. I now have two filters setup in my kill files and I don't
see Speedbyrd at all anymore.
Both are using the from line one is @oss.edu and the other is just Speedbyrd
( this is his achillies heel he has to use his handle ). Then I just have it
selected to delete and happiness is bye bye Speedy.

Old October 5th 03, 05:56 AM
Peter Duniho

"Dan" wrote in message
newsRLfb.18487$pl3.1686@pd7tw3no...
True but it is easier to ignore him when you don't have to see his rants,
insults or taunts.

If you need him in a kill-file in order to ignore him, then you are acting
the fool. A fool who insists on perpetuating the inanity.

All you have to do is not reply to his posts. They are irrelevant. They
don't matter. They shall pass like so much wind (so to speak). Please,
just let him alone. He deserves no more, and you just clutter the newsgroup
by taking the bait.

Pete