FS: Themi, thermal centering device

Old August 25th 03, 11:47 PM
Robt Salvo

Default FS: Themi, thermal centering device

Here's a device that will give you one more opinion of what to do with the
thermal. Especially usefull on blue days. In original carton. Sells for $850
new. BO

Bob Salvo

Old August 28th 03, 12:50 PM
Robt Salvo

WHY DO YOU SELL IT??

I used it as a learning tool in my Genesis. It works nicely, providing useful
information while keeping my eyes looking out I need the money for another
learning tool.
Bob
Old August 28th 03, 06:13 PM
John Morgan

"Robt Salvo" wrote in message
WHY DO YOU SELL IT??

I used it as a learning tool in my Genesis. It works nicely, providing

useful
information while keeping my eyes looking out I need the money for

another
learning tool.
Bob

SOLD

I'm buying it 'cause a) I'm a slow learner . . . or b) the Themi continues
to provide useful info whilst the end of my "learning phase" is nowhere in
sight.

I have a THEMI in my other glider, a Stemme ('cause it rhymes). While not
100 percent, in broken thermals or when low it's useful. Also, it remembers
thermal location, drift and appears to plug in altitude as well. So when
returning to a previously used thermal it helps steer me immediately to the
best lift based on stored data. And most importantly it allows me to eat a
granola bar and stay centered.
--
bumper
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

---

Old August 31st 03, 01:27 AM
Martin Hellman

"BTIZ" wrote in message news:X9x2b.11881$Qy4.947@fed1read05...
haing a light tough on the stick.. and feeling the wing lift in the
thermal.. is just as good.. and keeps your head outside and not inside
looking at lights.. and saves a bunch of money

90% of our soaring days are with blue sky thermals...

I second John Morgan's posting that the Themi can be a real aid. I had
my doubts, but John's endorsement (we fly together often) and a telcon
with Tom Knauf (who sells the device and raves about it) convinced me
to try it.

Tom's story may help. He told me that, when the inventor left a demo
with him, he tried it for a while. Meaning he saw whether or not it
agreed with his corrections. After all, Tom is a great pilot. But then
he decided to give the Themi a real chance and and just follow it
blindly. He was surprised that, when it disagreed with his judgement,
the Themi was right more often than not! Especially at low altitude
where the thermals are poorly organized. He told me that now, when
he's at low altitude, he always follows the Themi and it has saved him
a number of times. OK, he sells the device you may say. But my
experience (and John's) is consistent. If you can afford it, I
recommend it. (If it now has data logger functionality as well -- it
didn't when I got mine, but was supposed to "soon" -- it makes even
more sense.)

Martin