500+ KM OLC flight in Florida today

Old February 23rd 19, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default 500+ KM OLC flight in Florida today

Dave Springford had what looks to me, as a very nice, for 2-22-19, soaring flight in Florida today. 500 Km OLC

Looks like a lot more fun than snowblowing my driveway which is what I did today.
Congratulations!
Old February 23rd 19, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 5:25:03 PM UTC-7, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Dave Springford had what looks to me, as a very nice, for 2-22-19, soaring flight in Florida today. 500 Km OLC

Looks like a lot more fun than snowblowing my driveway which is what I did today.
Congratulations!

Folks in NZ also had a great day, but I bet they had to dress a lot warmer!

OLC Daily Score 21. February 2019
1 1,637.26 pt Keith Essex US / R11: CA-N GU HI NV
Minden Soaring Club 1,802.72 km
152.73 km/h Omarama (NZ/ S) 15 19:03
07:54
2 1,497.20 pt Scarlat Norbert-Alin RO /
Romanian Airclub 1,605.37 km
125.28 km/h Omarama (NZ/ S) DO 18:30
07:47
3 1,003.87 pt Max Stevens NZ /
Gliding Wellington 1,009.47 km
91.56 km/h Omarama (NZ/ S) 18 18:44
05:59

Best. #711.
Old February 23rd 19, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

look again
Old February 23rd 19, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 7:15:42 PM UTC-7, Retting wrote:
look again

Thanks, R. Ya, I missed it as he was really smoking!

Daily Score Speed-OLC 2019( Worldwide / Feb 22, 2019 )

1 194.85 Keith Essex (US / R11) smiley 538.27 215.31 K Omarama (NZ / S)

Wow, 215+k!

Best. #711.

Old February 23rd 19, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 9:15:42 PM UTC-5, Retting wrote:
look again

Those were nice flights, the Springford flight is more impressive to me. Sorry Henry but you can go ahead and pat yourself on the back. Springford hit the best area of Florida, Labelle up and over to Escape Ranch. Wish that I could have been up there, but 26 staples in my head from cancer surgery has me on the ground for a few days.
Old February 23rd 19, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Nice low save by Charles Petersen in his Discus 2T/18m in Florida too...
950agl?

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=7006218

Boggs
Old February 23rd 19, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

We need to know what kind of beer they all drank the night before so we can figure out which brew gives best performance.

T8
Old February 23rd 19, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

I put up my OP before Henry Retting put up his flight. He musta been drinking beer after landing.
Good Flight Henry! Wish I was there let me tell you.
Old February 23rd 19, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 10:27:35 AM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:
We need to know what kind of beer they all drank the night before so we can figure out which brew gives best performance.

T8

I am betting that it was cold beer, now if they were at Vero Beach they would have had Pacifico, or Stella Artois. Those are two good flights. Bob
Old February 24th 19, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Tom Kelley #711 wrote on 2/22/2019 5:09 PM:
Folks in NZ also had a great day, but I bet they had to dress a lot warmer!

It's their summer, so they likely aren't the warm dressers!