Any interest in an International Youth Soaring Camp?

Old March 9th 09, 08:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

Default Any interest in an International Youth Soaring Camp?

We are considering holding a 2 week soaring camp for young new glider
pilots in July or August of next year called IYSC. This in the new
stages of planning so it may or may not succeed. At this point I need
to find some interested 14-24 year old new soaring pilots. If we get
enough interest we will go forward with this. Our club has a spring
soaring camp (this year it is from 4-19th of April) for young pilots.
They get to fly a lot, depending on weather, using winch launch flying
with our instructors (who all speak English).

The cost will be cheap, this year’s spring camp is 100€ per week! The
price of the IYSC will be in the same price range (probably a little
more). This would include: flying and launching, sleeping in the
clubhouse or a tent, meals (the participants shop and cook their own
food with adult supervision). The club has a nice clubhouse with loft
sleeping space for 20 and lots of tent space. Also there restrooms
with nice showers.

Of course this cost doesn't include the price of travel but it does
include most everything else! We can make arrangements to meet anyone
flying into Munich or maybe even Frankfurt.

So, would there be any interest in this idea? Please give me some
comments. This is in the initial planning stage but it is based on the
current "soaring camp" concept we have successfully used.

Bob McDowell

wannathermal1
@aim.com
Old March 9th 09, 08:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

I should have mentioned, we are in southern Germany 50 miles north of
the Alps and 50 miles west of Munich. The club'S web site is www.geratshof.de.
Don't be put off by the language of the web site as almost all the
members speak passable English!

Bob