A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Help me convince my wife..... :)

Old May 28th 16, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Help me convince my wife..... :)

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 11:24:32 AM UTC-5, Paul Agnew wrote:
"I have found that to deny what's in your heart leads to a compromise-induced form of soul misery."

Well said, Dan.

We only get one shot at life and find so many reasons to deny ourselves our own happiness. If there was anything my wife wanted that would make her happy, I'd agree in an instant. She knows that. Yet, for some reason I feel obligated to make a sales pitch for getting my own glider. Money isn't the issue. It's just that a glider is a solitary pleasure that she will take no part in and I feel a little selfish about it. I think we need to take a pottery class together... ;-)

Paul A.
Jupiter, FL

Bought my wife a new car then bought my first glider, a 20 yr old Std. Class. Made many long flights and flew first contests. Wally Scott flew a 1-35 over 700 miles. He can be quoted "Its the day, not the glider"