Franconia Soaring Foundation - fundraising to preserve soaring in NH

Old April 3rd 17, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Z

Default Franconia Soaring Foundation - fundraising to preserve soaring in NH

The owners of the property core to the airport (1B5) in Franconia, NH that has for been leased annually by the Franconia Soaring Association are planning to list it for sale later this year. Expecting this, a core team of the soaring club members, with the approval of the soaring club, worked tirelessly throughout 2016 and Q1 2017 to organize and create the Franconia Soaring Foundation, Inc., an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) charitable organization to promote soaring (glider) flight and provide opportunities for ground and flight training. Our first and most critical objective is to secure the future of the Franconia Airport (1B5) by purchasing the core property before it reaches the open market. We need all the financial assistance we can muster. To this end we absolutely would appreciate if you would consider making a tax-deductible donation of any value to help preserve this venue for soaring posterity. We are working on our website for the foundation but do not have it set up yet, so if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me directly, John Zanchi (FSF board member) via or 603-569-5582. Your donation to the Franconia Soaring Foundation, Inc. should be mailed to Franconia Soaring Foundation, c/o PC Eiche – Treasurer, 30 Buckridge Drive, Amherst, NH 03031. THANK YOU.
Old April 3rd 17, 01:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fallingrock

MARKETING! Please tell me about all the wonderful reasons I should give money! I wonder how many of your readers know anything about your operation.

I have great memories of flying out of White Mountain Airport, long ago. So it can't be that hard to persuade me. Give me a reason to support you!

Wishing you the best!
Old April 4th 17, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

White Mountain airport that's gone? Is that the one you're mentioning.

I have a friend who flew from there.. he's always posting old pictures.

That ought to tell you what we are striving to prevent... another lost airport. The location of franconia is pretty perfect. Close enough to the ridge to have it be useful, even in a low performance glider.

Come on out and see us. Don't get me wrong.. we'll take an anonymous big check if you need to get uncle sam off your back.

J Piper
Treasurer
FSA