Demon Internet and FAIR USAGE POLICY

Old December 20th 06, 12:49 PM posted to demon.local,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,ne.weather
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Default Demon Internet and FAIR USAGE POLICY

Mr_K wrote:
I was upgraded to an 8MB connection from Demon Internet.... THEY did it, I
DID NOT ASK for it.. but it was all being done with no extra charge, so it
all sounded great.

For the last couple of years, I have been on a 2MB connection, and using the
Internet for all my downloads, music, movies etc etc etc.... and have had no
issues at all... until DEMON UPGRADED the SPEED.....

Dear sir... ** SNIP ** we reckon 50-60GB a month is an acceptable amount of
data to download, but we have noticed that for this 30 day period since your
broadband was changed you have taken 176GB of data down. ** SNIP * We are
cutting your speed from 8:00am - 10:00pm to 128kbs for the next 30 days
until we see an improvement in data transfer!

I'm like... WIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and sure enough I have had my speed
dropped!!!

Now... their terms and conditions have been changed to say this but I'm
thinking this way.....

Until THEY upgraded my speed, I have been using the connection the same way,
7 days a week, 7:30am - 11:00pm with no problems at all. THEY upgrade me at
THEIR CHOICE, then I get penalised because I am taking more down faster!!!!!
They say 1% of users abuse the service... so in my mind they are saying that
it only takes 1% to crippled their bandwidth???? Yeah right!

Give the people high speed but then tell them they can't use it for what
they want....

Demon Offer NO BANDWIDTH MONITORING SOFTWARE or WEB SITE so people CAN
CHECK.
They drop speed without a single email, saying please cease and desist, they
send a letter telling you are stuffed for 1 month.

Bottom line is, Demon... I am taking my business elsewhere because the way
you have handled this whole matter is nothing more than a complete disgrace.

They are a pack of ****s - just like that fat ****, Neil.

Just look at the state of this crappy newsgroup of theirs.