Windex 1200c status

Old April 15th 17, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Windex 1200c status

On Saturday, October 21, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Looks like he entered a flat spin of which he could not recover.
Seems to me the heavy engine in the tail might have caused/contributed
to the flat spin.
Did anybody else make stall/spin tests with the Windex 1200 ?
Dan
In article ,
"Jim Pike" wrote:
Here's the report. No fault found with A/C.
http://www.ntsb.gov/Aviation/MIA/97A091.htm

Jim

"Tim Mara" wrote in message
I think their message may not be telling to whole story.....
As I remember it, it wasn't so much that the US distributor/owner

wanted
concentrate on his other business so much as that it was that one

of the
major investors in this project in the US was killed in his

Windex....
I think a further investigation of this incident might reveal a

more
anyway.......that's the way I heard it....
tim

WINDEXAIR AB took over the Windex 1200C project from Radab summer

of 99
and
has further developed the kit to reduce the building time

dramatically.
We
do not have any US distributors. The Florida based Windex

Corporation
was
free standing company that was closed down when the owner wanted

concentrate on his other businesses.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

My name is Steve Coan and I was the test pilot for every Windex that was built in the U.S. I did extensive flight tests and evaluation on the ship including spins and flat spins. I can tell you that Lars Bergstrom did not enter a flat spin. With his weight, the CG was very much sufficiently forward which would render a flat spin impossible. The notion that the engine mounted in the vertical stab could have contributed to entering a flat spin is "poppycock". Lars suffered from narcolepsy. Plain and simple: he fell asleep and entered a standard spin - to the ground. This was evident when I examined the crash site. The Windex 1200C is a might fine aircraft and I am looking to purchase another if I can find one!
Hope this helps.
Old April 15th 17, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

"Tim Mara" wrote in message
[...]

someone chose to fly with narcolepsy???
Old April 15th 17, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Agreed, that should be a BIG disqualification for flying (or driving, etc.) solo.

BTW, 17 year thread bump!?!? By previous poster.
Old April 16th 17, 10:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
J. Nieuwenhuize

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dr7qbkq1z...7+14.04.15.jpg

This guy was for sale last week.

Old April 18th 17, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

A few more photos I took at AERO.

https://goo.gl/photos/6rxqvZXdNDCxMU1BA
Old October 20th 17, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

No one knows the Windex better than Steve Coan. I always wondered what happened to Lars. Steve knew Lars well too.

Windex 1200C Rodger R Soaring 1 July 12th 06 05:16 PM
FMS Status Of A-6E Charles Bethune Naval Aviation 0 November 19th 05 02:04 AM
VFA-203 status Mike Weeks Naval Aviation 0 June 16th 04 08:13 PM