Ferry Pilot Down

Old February 13th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

Default Ferry Pilot Down

On Feb 13, 12:25*am, wrote:
He was the only one i knew that would take anything over 600SMHO over
the pond.... he was good people. I will miss the stuck days in Bangor,
St john, Narsarsuaq, santa maria. with him would make a long flight
long flight a Short flight on 121.7 chit chatting.... this one really
hits home!!!!! I know i ahve only been doing this about 2 years but
you make friends and it's hard when they go way like this....

In winter there is usually n o survival on any ditching survival time
is about 2min to 3 hours depending if your wearing a suit and it's
quality. Mustang is now befor my next crossing a must the sterns i
have will give 1.5 to 2 hours in them conditions my raft EAM-T-4 with
cover will give 24 to 36 hours that is if i can get in to it...

If any on can do the survival training from CAMI *in OKC or cretin
AFB's go do it they will slam you in the water and let you egress not
funnn....

if he did get in his little raft if he even if he had it with him i
know! he some times went across with out one crazy fella... Was good
people very hard worker....

bye bye

Is it common for ferry pilots to specify a max SMOH time? I can
definately understand why, but I'm not sure that it statistically
makes a difference, as long as the engine has been well maintained.
Interesting.

--Dan
Old February 14th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

I'll tellya right now I'd rather be flying one with five hundred hours on it
than five hours on it.

Properly maintained, of course.

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

Old February 14th 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Just got off the phone with NWPilot, calling me from a wake (at
Hooters) for a fellow ferry pilot who went down today in the North
Atlantic, 50 miles short of Keflavik, Iceland.

New low for you there Jay.

Bertie

Old February 14th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-02-11 17:34:10 -0800, "Jay Honeck" said:

Just got off the phone with NWPilot, calling me from a wake (at
Hooters) for a fellow ferry pilot who went down today in the North
Atlantic, 50 miles short of Keflavik, Iceland.
Raise a toast to a brave man, gents....

A toast (n.a. for me, of course)!
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old February 14th 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RL Anderson

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Just got off the phone with NWPilot, calling me from a wake (at
Hooters) for a fellow ferry pilot who went down today in the North
Atlantic, 50 miles short of Keflavik, Iceland.

New low for you there Jay.

Bertie

Hi Bertie,

I have watched your posts for quite a few years. WTF gives you the
balls to bitch out Jay for posting that NWPilot mentioned to him, on a
phone call, that one of his "compadres" went down on a ferry flight over
the North Atlantic? NWPilot, and a very small group of pilots, perform
a very vital service to the aviation community. I am not a pilot
myself. I am a retired US Air Force enlisted communications puke who
had job responsibilities that took me into the worlds of the "bus
driver" and the "fighter jock". However, I do know a whole ****load of
civilian pilots, of various qualification levels as well. In fact, I
have a close family member who is a "four striper" on a major US
airline. Because of this, I have a pretty good outlook on the military
and civilian pilot communities. However, in the case of NWPilot and his
"compadres", it takes a very special group of pilots to ferry "small"
aircraft over the two big "ponds" off the east and west coasts of the
North American continent. The North Atlantic, like the North Pacific,
can be fatal to anyone who "screws the pooch". It appears, that in this
case, a mechanical failure may have occurred and the airplane went down,
taking the pilot with it. However, none of us in this NG knows the
exact details of this accident and probably will never know.

You may be a sim pilot, or a "pattern pilot" or a non-pilot who may have
an interest in aviation. Before you start bitching out guys like Jay,
pull your head out of your ass and understand how airplanes, and
aviation, work. For the record, I have not been anywhere in the State
of Iowa since May 1988. I have never been to Iowa City and have not
stayed at Jay's establishment. He, and Mary, bust their asses off to
run a great little business. It is great that they are both airplane
owners and pilots. As I watch your posts, your stupidity is hilarious
at the minimum, and criminal at the maximum. If you are a pilot, you
exhibit a stupidity only exhibited by various US politicians. In this
particular case, Jay was passing on what he was told on a phone call to
the people who frequent this NG. Before you decide to bitch Jay (or
anyone else for that matter) out do your ****ing homework!!! I have
been lurking, and posting, in NGs since the mid 90s. You, and MX, are
just as bad, if not worse, than the "MI-5 Guy". Do yourself a favor and
get your **** together. You, and MX, will become more credible as a result.

Later

Rick

Old February 14th 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

RL Anderson wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
[...]

Happy to have entertained you then.

If you are a pilot, you
exhibit a stupidity only exhibited by various US politicians. In
this particular case, Jay was passing on what he was told on a phone
call to the people who frequent this NG. Before you decide to bitch
Jay (or anyone else for that matter) out do your ****ing homework!!!
I have been lurking, and posting, in NGs since the mid 90s. You, and
MX, are just as bad, if not worse, than the "MI-5 Guy". Do yourself a
favor and get your **** together. You, and MX, will become more
credible as a result.

Fantastic. You go right on ahead and fly like he tells you!

Bertie
Old February 14th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_1_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Just got off the phone with NWPilot, calling me from a wake (at
Hooters) for a fellow ferry pilot who went down today in the North
Atlantic, 50 miles short of Keflavik, Iceland.

New low for you there Jay.

Bertie

WTF Bertie ?

Al G

Old February 14th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Al G" wrote in news:2UZsj.14$IN2.9
@newsfe06.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Just got off the phone with NWPilot, calling me from a wake (at
Hooters) for a fellow ferry pilot who went down today in the North
Atlantic, 50 miles short of Keflavik, Iceland.

New low for you there Jay.

Bertie

WTF Bertie ?

Jay making currency out of someone's death..

Bertie
Old February 14th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-02-14 08:30:32 -0800, Bertie the Bunyip said:

"Al G" wrote in news:2UZsj.14$IN2.9
@newsfe06.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Just got off the phone with NWPilot, calling me from a wake (at
Hooters) for a fellow ferry pilot who went down today in the North
Atlantic, 50 miles short of Keflavik, Iceland.

New low for you there Jay.

Bertie

WTF Bertie ?

Jay making currency out of someone's death..

Bertie

I don't think anyone else sees it that way, Bertie. In fact, your
comment seems rude and uncalled for.

Old February 14th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

C J Campbell wrote in

On 2008-02-14 08:30:32 -0800, Bertie the Bunyip said:

"Al G" wrote in news:2UZsj.14$IN2.9
@newsfe06.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Just got off the phone with NWPilot, calling me from a wake (at
Hooters) for a fellow ferry pilot who went down today in the North
Atlantic, 50 miles short of Keflavik, Iceland.

New low for you there Jay.

Bertie

WTF Bertie ?

Jay making currency out of someone's death..

Bertie

I don't think anyone else sees it that way, Bertie. In fact, your
comment seems rude and uncalled for.

Well, let's just say I got my reasons and I'm not going to post them
here, but that's exactly what he's doing. And by currency, I don't mean
coin of the realm.

Jay knows it's true, too. Not that you'll hear him admit it.

Bertie

Mustangs of Old, concluded - US-WAF Ferry pilot Florene Watson.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman Aviation Photos 0 December 30th 06 04:53 AM
F4U-5 ferry range [email protected] Naval Aviation 2 January 31st 06 05:02 AM
An EAC ferry to Red Flag Maurice Hendriks Naval Aviation 0 September 11th 05 11:04 PM
Ferry Permit? Mackfly Soaring 7 March 9th 04 03:23 AM
Ferry Pilot Needed Seattle to Dallas Flynn Owning 2 September 10th 03 02:31 PM