I wish I'd never got into this...

Old September 18th 03, 06:09 PM
Kevin Neave

OK, I forgot to engage brain before typing..

Your post states 190 litres of ballast, but not the
speed that you had left at the end of the pull-up

Cheers

Kevin

At 14:06 18 September 2003, Udo Rumpf wrote:
check previous post.
Udo

When you ran the Sim, how much ballast were you carrying,
& what speed did you pull up to in each case?

At 02:30 18 September 2003, Udo Rumpf wrote:

The sink rate for the fully loaded glider(190 litres)
= 1.2m/s
for the none ballaste version 1.65m/s

Udo

Old September 18th 03, 06:36 PM
Udo Rumpf

Kevin,
In case I missed it, booth gliders are allowed to fly / coast to the top
without
control input for recovery.
Udo

"Kevin Neave" k wrote in
message ...

Old September 19th 03, 12:18 PM
szd41a

Hello Udo

I collected some comments regarding your sims.

1.)In reality, the way you pulled in sim, it would have exceed glider's
limitation (too many g's), resulting in two broken wings!
2.)Since we always do a recovery around V=Min Sink, some argue that in this
case, it would demonstrate the advantage of the ballasted.
Any comments??
Bravo Quebec