Host a Seminar at your club - get more pilots flying XC and Races

Old February 15th 17, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Host a Seminar at your club - get more pilots flying XC and Races

This last weekend my club, Southern Eagles Soaring, hosted a "Glider Competition 101 Seminar".

The seminar was a success with a full house of 29 attendees from SES, and as far away as Huntsville, AL, Sylacauga, AL, somewhere in SC ;-), and Jacksonville, FL. We had an engaged audience and some good questions too. Might be getting some new racers soon!

Beginners learn how to comfortably fly their first race day & have fun too!

What: Seminar to prepare pilots to fly their first contest. Not focused on how to win, but on how to avoid a lot of common beginner mistakes.

Who: Any glider pilots interested in learning how take the leap into racing - now or in the future.

Why: Pilots who learn to fly XC & Racing tend to get more out of soaring , stay in the sport longer, and enjoy years of camaraderie with fellow racers.. Racing hones your cross country soaring skills and will take your flying to the next level. Beginning racers are often impressed by how much their flying improves and by how far they can fly on days they once considered marginal.

The presentation and other materials are available he

http://southerneaglessoaring.com/seminars.html

PLEASE COPY THIS AND HOST IT AT YOUR LOCATION! The heavy lifting is done, copy the presentation, tweak it to your liking and put the invite out for about 3-4 weeks. We got a great response. There is a hunger for knowledge on beginning XC and racing. It was about 2.5-3 hours long.

Thanks again to Wally B., Mark B. and the rest of my club for helping me pull this together.

regards,
Chris Ruf

Old February 15th 17, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 9:48:04 PM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

Chris, thanks for posting this and an extra big salute to you for making the presentation materials available for download. I hope many in our community make good use of it.
Herb
Old April 26th 17, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim St. Clair

Chris, we are hosting XC seminar at our club, St. Louis Soaring Association, in May and would like to have your presentation materials (PowerPoint). I noticed your link no longer works because your club site is down. Would you be able to email me the materials please? Thank you for making these available. JamesStClairREMOVETHIS @ hotmail.com.