Global Flyer

Old March 1st 05, 06:34 AM
Jan Nademlejnsky

Default Global Flyer

Global Flyer is on its historical around the world flight, but it is
impossible to assess their site. What a shame!

Jan

Old March 1st 05, 09:23 AM
Ghost

In news:B1UUd.532745$8l.327090@pd7tw1no,
Jan Nademlejnsky typed:
Global Flyer is on its historical around the world flight, but it is
impossible to assess their site. What a shame!
=20
Jan

Try

http://www.virginatlanticglobalflyer...trol/Tracking/

--=20
"Yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again."=20
- L. Long
Old March 1st 05, 12:46 PM
Aardvark

Ghost wrote:

In news:B1UUd.532745$8l.327090@pd7tw1no,
Jan Nademlejnsky typed:

Global Flyer is on its historical around the world flight, but it is
impossible to assess their site. What a shame!

Jan

Try

http://www.virginatlanticglobalflyer...trol/Tracking/

"Site Unavailable
We're sorry, but we've had to take the site down temporarily. It will be
back soon.

Thanks for your patience.

This page will not automatically refresh"

The plane was doing 311 knots for over 5 hours in one spot.

Old March 1st 05, 03:28 PM
Evan Carew

Old March 1st 05, 05:28 PM
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Aardvark wrote:

[[.. munch .]]

The plane was doing 311 knots for over 5 hours in one spot.

*sigh* And he _still_ hasn't learned not to fly _into_ the Jet Stream??

Old March 1st 05, 06:10 PM
Montblack

("Robert Bonomi" wrote)
The plane was doing 311 knots for over 5 hours in one spot.

*sigh* And he _still_ hasn't learned not to fly _into_ the Jet Stream??

I figured it was a very large spot g.

I hadn't considered the Jet Stream, although now I can post my
fun-link-of-the-week one more time.

http://www.weatherimages.org/data/imag192.html

Montblack

Old March 1st 05, 11:40 PM
Ghost

In news:uwWUd.533369$Xk.213719@pd7tw3no,
Ghost typed:
In news:B1UUd.532745$8l.327090@pd7tw1no,
Jan Nademlejnsky typed:
Global Flyer is on its historical around the world flight, but it is
impossible to assess their site. What a shame!
=20
Jan

=20
Try
=20
http://www.virginatlanticglobalflyer...trol/Tracking/

As of 3:40pm PST

Heading.............Speed......................Alt itude.............Longi=
tude............Latitude=20
87.1 degrees....329.00 Knots........50,171ft.......... =
E39.79399......... N26.30081=20

Over Saudi..
--=20
Boldly going nowhere.
Old March 2nd 05, 01:02 AM
Morgans

"Ghost" wrote

Boldly going nowhere.

Going again!

Old March 2nd 05, 02:20 AM
Mike Murdock

Unfortunately for Steve, this flight won't count as a cross-country, since
he won't land at an airport at least 50 nm from his departure airport.

-Mike

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Ghost" wrote

Boldly going nowhere.

Going again!

Old March 2nd 05, 04:40 AM
COLIN LAMB

"Unfortunately for Steve, this flight won't count as a cross-country, since
he won't land at an airport at least 50 nm from his departure airport".

But, he does get credit for doing an outside loop.

Colin N12HS

About the Global Flyer robert arndt Military Aviation 0 January 11th 04 03:46 AM
Call your local TV station, get Wright Flyer on the air Mark James Boyd Soaring 0 December 17th 03 05:09 PM
Wright Flyer won't fly! Trent Moorehead Piloting 31 October 18th 03 04:37 PM
Wright Flyer Dave Hyde Home Built 9 September 29th 03 05:20 PM
Arming Global Hawk Draws Conflicting Comments From Pentagon Larry Dighera Military Aviation 5 July 14th 03 08:51 PM