C-182T G1000,KAP150 question

Old June 12th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default C-182T G1000,KAP150 question

I've now had two run-away climbs with the KAP150 and wondering if
anyone else has seen this. In both situations I was established in the
climb with the 150 set to about 600 fpm with a higher altitude armed.
I'm not sure what I may have done that started the situation but it may
have been after I slightly reduced power for the climb. In both cases
the 150 started to bring the nose up slowly until we were at about 57
knots. I dialed the 150 down to about 200 fpm and the "trim in motion"
voice annunicator sounded. After holding Vx for about 2 minutes the
nose dropped and the plane resumed normal climb and eventually captured
the target altitude. Has anyone else had this issue with this
configuration? This would be disturbing in IMC if you weren't watching
the system closly. I wonder if the system somehow got itself on the
back side of the power curve, but I assume the software knows about
that.

-Robert

Old June 12th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article . com,
"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

[...]

How soon/quickly after the A/P has completed its initialization
self-test are you activating the altitude mode?
I have found that the rate based (STec and KAP) require about two
minutes after competion of initialization before the altitude mode will
propperly engage.
Old June 12th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

How soon/quickly after the A/P has completed its initialization
self-test are you activating the altitude mode?

Probably between 15-20 minutes.

Lyc. O-360 cylinder question JB Owning 13 November 27th 04 09:32 PM
Handheld battery question RobsSanta General Aviation 8 September 19th 04 03:07 PM
A question on Airworthiness Inspection Dave S Home Built 1 August 10th 04 05:07 AM
Question Charles S Home Built 4 April 5th 04 09:10 PM
Partnership Question Harry Gordon Owning 4 August 16th 03 11:23 PM