Retrieving P3's

Old August 10th 04, 04:31 PM
David Lesher

Default Retrieving P3's

I have another wacko idea, for which this group has the knowledge
to debate.

You might recall that a few years ago we had a minor issue with a
P3's midair collision and emergency landing at a location not
certified as a P3 repair station.

To get it back, We ended up chain-sawing off the wings [ouch] and

Setting aside the political aspects, would it have been transportable
atop NASA's N905NA?

Length: 116 feet 3 inches
Wing Span: 99 feet 7 inches
Height: 37 feet 1 inch
Weight Empty: 67,486 pounds

I assume you'd fix the broken radome and pull the props to
lower the drag....

(I suspect it would have been easier to get the FBO operator to
approve such than to get NASA to loan out their bird, but I
digress..)

--
A host is a host from coast to