Why All The German/Nazi Threads?

Old October 20th 03, 05:23 PM
Yann D

Can you give me an idea on why USA, Italy, France, Japan, USSR wouldn't have
played a significant role in those developements.
Maybe I do not understand your point of view, but, what about the Schneider
cup ? Just an example.
Another one : the P51 really became brilliant when fitted with the Merlin
engine, but the airframe was already excellent.
The Hispano engine (and guns) became really efficient later in the war (with
russian developement for the engine and british for the gun).
So ?

Regards
Yann

Is this a World War II newsgroup or what?

Why can't anyone talk about at least modern military aviation?

The originators of the most of the modern military aviation developments

are
Germans and Brits,thats the reason why their names comes up frequently

during
discussions.

Old October 21st 03, 11:09 AM
Cub Driver

Much as modern bombers are all based off of innovations first found in
genius Soviet bomber Tu-4...

Bull!

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old October 21st 03, 01:14 PM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
Cub Driver writes:

Much as modern bombers are all based off of innovations first found in
genius Soviet bomber Tu-4...

Bull!

Much too subtle for those of us reading it early in the morning, Dan.
We'd need to Cart out a lot of coffee to keep up.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old October 21st 03, 05:32 PM
Denyav

Quite right. Vice versa works as well; Nazism was far from being a purely
German phenomenon. Our own royal family had at least one closet Nazi, who no
doubt would have been the titular ruler if Germany had won the wa

Right,for example Hitler expressed his admiration for US Blood laws of 20s
frequently and almost copied them during Nazi power.
I think without Lenin and his succesful Soviet revolution Nazis would remain as
a fringe group in German politics.
Soviet or Communism scare in German establishment and in corporate Germany
helped them a lot.
Old October 21st 03, 07:23 PM
Kirk Stant

"John Mullen" wrote in message ...

Just ask yourself, would you *honestly* prefer it if nobody ever posted any
kind of dissent about US foreign policy (as it relates to Military Aviation)
here? Wouldn't it be kind of boring? I sometimes think some of you would
prefer a moderated NG, where everything was nice and safe for your ignorant
preconceptions about your country's place in the world, its history and the
essential rightness of everything it has ever done, even on the occasions
when it was demonstrably wrong.

Actually, John, yes I would - on this newsgroup, which is called
"rec.military.aviation", not "alt.politics.bashamerica" or whatever.
Nothing wrong with bashing America, mind you, if we deserve it (but
remember about glass houses and first stones, etc.) and if the bashing
is intelligent, thoughtful, and interesting. It's just that this forum
is about military aviation, and the last time I asked not one military
plane ever had an opinion on politics!

So I would prefer all the political commentary to stay on forums that
look for it, and leave this to us military aviation nuts.

Not that I think that is going to happen, hah!

BTW, our ignorant preconceptions are probably no worse that those of
most of the rest of the world, and probably a whole lot better than
99% of the middle/far east. We are just easy target right now, just
as the British were a few hundred years ago, and the Romans before.
And I can just see all the gloating about how the US is next to fall.

But what say we get back to bull****ting about interesting military
aviation issues - for example a Yugoslavian UTVA 4 seat observation
just showed up at the glider airport I fly out of in Arizona - nice
paint job, US registration, still has the mountings for weapon/fuel
pylons under each wing, and the sticks have weapons switches on them.
It also has a glider tow hook on it - so I wonder if it was surplussed
from the Yugoslavian Air Force recently? Any of those showing up in
Europe? Neat looking airplane (4-seat high wing tail-dragger, with a
Lycoming GSO-480 rated at 340 Hp installed).

Kirk
Old October 21st 03, 10:31 PM
redc1c4

David Joston wrote:

Why All The German/Nazi Threads?

because ve haf vays of making you talk...........

redc1c4,
sorry, but i couldn't resist. %-)
--
A Troop - 1st Squadron
404th Lemming Armored Cavalry

"Velox et Capillatus!"

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com

It is a joke, Dan. The Tu-4 was the Soviet B-29 copy.

Al Minyard

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com

It is a joke, Dan. The Tu-4 was the Soviet B-29 copy.

As the NATO code name for the Tu-4 was 'Bull' I suspect
he already knows

Keith

Old October 22nd 03, 02:16 AM
John Mullen

"Kirk Stant" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Well, that's a good aspiration for anyone tempted to post here!

It's just that this forum
is about military aviation, and the last time I asked not one military
plane ever had an opinion on politics!

Nonetheless politicians decide whether they are procured in the first place,
where they are posted, and who if anyone they target. Whether you like it or
not.

So I would prefer all the political commentary to stay on forums that
look for it, and leave this to us military aviation nuts.

I would prefer Hibs to win the UEFA cup. Might be a while though.

Not that I think that is going to happen, hah!

Like I say, freedom of speech is the bit of the US ideal I like.

BTW, our ignorant preconceptions are probably no worse that those of
most of the rest of the world, and probably a whole lot better than
99% of the middle/far east. We are just easy target right now, just
as the British were a few hundred years ago, and the Romans before.
And I can just see all the gloating about how the US is next to fall.

Us UKians are awfully lucky there was no Usenet in the 19th Century, you're
right there!

But what say we get back to bull****ting about interesting military
aviation issues - for example a Yugoslavian UTVA 4 seat observation
just showed up at the glider airport I fly out of in Arizona - nice
paint job, US registration, still has the mountings for weapon/fuel
pylons under each wing, and the sticks have weapons switches on them.
It also has a glider tow hook on it - so I wonder if it was surplussed
from the Yugoslavian Air Force recently? Any of those showing up in
Europe? Neat looking airplane (4-seat high wing tail-dragger, with a
Lycoming GSO-480 rated at 340 Hp installed).

Never seen anything like that round here. Did see the BAE BAC 1-11 trialling
the radar for EF Typhoon the last time I flew out of Edinburgh, now that's
an ugly aeroplane!

John

Old October 22nd 03, 02:55 AM
Mike Marron

"John Mullen" wrote:

[snipola]

Like I say, freedom of speech is the bit of the US ideal I like.

Ah, but freedom of speech truly is just a tiny "bit" of the U.S.
ideal. As I mentioned in a previous post, simply riding my ebike,
for example, is illegal in the U.K. -- as is commercial, single-pilot
IFR, flying single-engine A/C over densely populated urban areas,
flying homebuilt A/C in IMC, flying a microlight without a license,
flying a homebuilts at night (even VFR), performing basic
modifications to your own homebuilt A/C, etc. etc. etc....

With all your asinine laws and bureaucratic red tape not
to mention astronomically high cost of "petrol," taxes, insurance,
tariffs, landing fees etc. it's amazing that people are still flying
at all in the U.K. No wonder so many Brits and Europeans come
to the U.S. just to fly.

Got it, John? Now visualize the closing scene in the movie
"Braveheart" and hear me screaming....

FRRREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMMMMmmmmmm!