F22 air dams/strakes: the definitive answer.

Old November 14th 03, 04:57 PM
Admin

Default F22 air dams/strakes: the definitive answer.

being a Cav Scout, i went and collected information......

i e-mailed "Lockmart" and received this reply today:

Old November 14th 03, 05:22 PM
redc1c4

Admin wrote:

(sorry 'bout the "Admin" thing.... that's a usDOTsplat joke %-)

redc1c4

Old November 14th 03, 05:55 PM
Tarver Engineering

So what I wrote in the first place is correct.

Of course I would not necessarily believe lockmart that the titanium "is
working" as the program has a history of hiding deficiencies. Those
deficiencies covered up include these same tail cracks, which wa a story
broken by Reuters 6 months after the delamination was discovered.

The only way to know if the third attempt to fix the F-22's tail is to fly
the airplane 500 hours.

Old November 14th 03, 05:56 PM
Tarver Engineering

"redc1c4" wrote in message
Admin wrote:

(sorry 'bout the "Admin" thing.... that's a usDOTsplat joke %-)

That's ok, it is just another sock where you are more of a prick; as I have
seen your admin posts.

Old November 14th 03, 06:07 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:55:16 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

So what I wrote in the first place is correct.

"You men like the 8 inchers added to the F-22 wings? "

Uh that would be N-O. Thanks for playing P-O-S-E-R.

Of course I would not necessarily believe lockmart that the titanium "is
working" as the program has a history of hiding deficiencies. Those
deficiencies covered up include these same tail cracks, which wa a story
broken by Reuters 6 months after the delamination was discovered.

\

Yeah and we didn't land on the moon and we have aliens locked up in
hangar 18 right next to the
do-take-photos-of-them-or-you'll-go-to-jail F-22s with the strakes.

The only way to know if the third attempt to fix the F-22's tail is to fly
the airplane 500 hours.

Sans strakes. Just like every other solution they've implemented.
Old November 14th 03, 06:13 PM
redc1c4

what you wrote in the first place in the thread is:

"You men like the 8 inchers added to the F-22 wings? "

how that squares with Lockheed's reply, and the picture provided,
is something i'll leave to you to explain.

redc1c4,
it's sure to be entertaining, but unlikely to be educational.

Old November 14th 03, 06:19 PM
Tarver Engineering

wrote:

So what I wrote in the first place is correct.

"You men like the 8 inchers added to the F-22 wings? "

That is what Lockmart said publicly about their airplane.

Now we have Lockmart are claiming the titanium will not be strike three on
the F-22's tail issues, but the history of the program indicates there is no
reason to believe them.

Old November 14th 03, 06:20 PM
redc1c4

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"redc1c4" wrote in message
Admin wrote:

(sorry 'bout the "Admin" thing.... that's a usDOTsplat joke %-)

That's ok, it is just another sock where you are more of a prick; as I have
seen your admin posts.

hardly a "sock", since i make no effort to disguise my identity....
you should stick to aeronautical engineering as a field of expertise,
since Usenet terminology is evidently NOT your strong suit.
that way you'll cut down on the number of occasions you're made to look
like a complete ass.

redc1c4,
as for being a prick, that gives us something in common:
in my case, an accident of birth. but you sir, are a self made man.

Old November 14th 03, 06:21 PM
Tarver Engineering

"redc1c4" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

So what I wrote in the first place is correct.

Of course I would not necessarily believe lockmart that the titanium "is
working" as the program has a history of hiding deficiencies. Those
deficiencies covered up include these same tail cracks, which wa a story
broken by Reuters 6 months after the delamination was discovered.

The only way to know if the third attempt to fix the F-22's tail is to

fly
the airplane 500 hours.

what you wrote in the first place in the thread is:

"You men like the 8 inchers added to the F-22 wings? "

how that squares with Lockheed's reply, and the picture provided,
is something i'll leave to you to explain.

Lockmart is trying to peddle strike three in their series of tail fixes as
one that has already worked, but it is going to take 500 hours of flight to
know that.

Old November 14th 03, 06:24 PM
Tarver Engineering

"redc1c4" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"redc1c4" wrote in message
Admin wrote:

(sorry 'bout the "Admin" thing.... that's a usDOTsplat joke %-)

That's ok, it is just another sock where you are more of a prick; as I

have
seen your admin posts.

hardly a "sock", since i make no effort to disguise my identity....
you should stick to aeronautical engineering as a field of expertise,
since Usenet terminology is evidently NOT your strong suit.

Sock, hose, same thing to me.

that way you'll cut down on the number of occasions you're made to look
like a complete ass.

Dude, you're a sock, being a complete ass is part of your jacket.