Look Mummy,,,,it's an airplane up in the sky!

Old July 14th 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
PINKfloyd

Default Look Mummy,,,,it's an airplane up in the sky!

Mother do you think they will drop the bomb?
Mother do you think they will break my balls?

Look Mummy,,,,it's an airplane up in the sky!
Old July 14th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jul 14, 7:01*am, PINKfloyd wrote:
Mother do you think they will drop the bomb?
Mother do you think they will break my balls?

Look Mummy,,,,it's an airplane up in the sky!

What? You don't want to sing the whole song?
Old July 14th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jul 14, 6:01*am, PINKfloyd wrote:
Mother do you think they will drop the bomb?
Mother do you think they will break my balls?

Look Mummy,,,,it's an airplane up in the sky!

This post rates better than 75% of the posts around here recently. Its
a sad state. I used to check out this group 2-3 times a day. Now its
maybe 2-3 times per week.

-Robert
Old July 14th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_5_]

PINKfloyd wrote:
Mother do you think they will drop the bomb?
Mother do you think they will break my balls?

*smack*

That's not even the right song.

"Did you see the frightened ones?
Did you hear the falling bombs?
Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter
when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue
sky... Goodbye, blue sky..."

Beautiful song; excellent segment from the movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0v07InoFiU

Pilots, however, are more likely to have a personal relationship with
the Learning to Fly video. I read somewhere where the pilot/controller
chatter is from Gilmour's flight lessons. Gilmour and Waters are both
magnificent lyricists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-Na...eature=related

"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a windswept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
A fatal attraction holding me fast, how
Can I escape this irresistible grasp?

Cant keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, i

Ice is forming on the tips of my wings
Unheeded warnings, I thought I thought of everything
No navigator to guide my way home
Unladened, empty and turned to stone

A soul in tension thats learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Cant keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, i

Friction lock - set.
Mixture - rich
Propellers - fully forward
Flaps - set - 10 degrees
Engine gauges and suction - check

Mixture set to maximum percent - recheck
Flight instruments...
Altimeters - check both
(garbled word) - on
Navigation lights - on
Strobes - on
(to tower): confirm 3-8-echo ready for departure
(tower): hello again, this is now 129.4
(to tower): 129.4. its to go.
(tower): you may commence your takeoff, winds over 10 knots.
(to tower): 3-8-echo
Easy on the brakes. take it easy. its gonna roll this time.
Just hand the power gradually, and it...

Above the planet on a wing and a prayer,
My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air,
Across the clouds I see my shadow fly
Out of the corner of my watering eye
A dream unthreatened by the morning light
Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night

Theres no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
Cant keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, i"

-c
Old July 14th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Jul 14, 6:01 am, PINKfloyd wrote:
Mother do you think they will drop the bomb?
Mother do you think they will break my balls?

Look Mummy,,,,it's an airplane up in the sky!

This post rates better than 75% of the posts around here recently. Its
a sad state. I used to check out this group 2-3 times a day. Now its
maybe 2-3 times per week.

-Robert

Then start a new thread Robert.

Everyone seems to be afraid to talk about aviation.

Old July 14th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"gatt" wrote in message
PINKfloyd wrote:
[...]

Always liked that song, however the video to the Foo Fighters Learning to
Fly is pretty funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BieVgyrfglQ

Old July 15th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:SfMek.18682$3q7.1942
@newsfe15.lga:

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Jul 14, 6:01 am, PINKfloyd wrote:
Mother do you think they will drop the bomb?
Mother do you think they will break my balls?

Look Mummy,,,,it's an airplane up in the sky!

This post rates better than 75% of the posts around here recently. Its
a sad state. I used to check out this group 2-3 times a day. Now its
maybe 2-3 times per week.

-Robert

Then start a new thread Robert.

Everyone seems to be afraid to talk about aviation.

Snort!

Says the fjukktard who has never talked a word about it...

Bertie
Old July 15th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

I quit discussing aviation when you decided to start ****ing on every post.

Remember Squirty ****dip?

Old July 15th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:SfMek.18682$3q7.1942

Snort!

Says the fjukktard who has never talked a word about it...

Bertie

I quit discussing aviation when you decided to start ****ing on every
post.

Remember Squirty ****dip?

Nope. You don't know anything about flying.

Bertie
Old July 16th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Remember Squirty ****dip?

Nope. You don't know anything about flying.

Bertie

It's not about flying, Squirty, it's about your illness.