How many pilots...

Old January 2nd 06, 07:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default How many pilots...

....does it take to change a nav light?

1 to change the nav light and to post that the nav light has been
changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing nav lights and how the nav
light could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing nav lights

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing nav
lights

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "navlight" or "nav light"

.... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is
"position light"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "nav
light" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about nav lights and to please take
this discussion to a navlight forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use nav
lights and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing nav lights is superior, where to
buy the best nav lights, what brand of nav lights work best for this
technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different nav lights

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the
corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to
this group which makes nav lights relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including
all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they
cannot handle the nav light controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on nav lights before posting questions
about nav lights"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and
start it all over again.

Old January 2nd 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article .com, Flyingmonk wrote:
...does it take to change a nav light?

You forgot one:

60 to derail the thread on nav lights into partisan politics.

-Dan

Old January 2nd 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Flyingmonk" wrote)
...does it take to change a nav light?

You missed one... g

Santa's sleigh just flew past.

If you tell me what color [nav] light you saw, red or green, I'll tell you
what
direction he was heading.

Red.

Hmm. Green would have been easier!

Montblack
(From the Santa Sightings thread)

Old January 2nd 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Montblack" wrote in message

Santa's sleigh just flew past.

If you tell me what color [nav] light you saw, red or green, I'll tell you
what
direction he was heading.

Red.

But......... how many reds?

:-)

Old January 2nd 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

How 'bout:

43 to argue over the legality of chaning the nav light, and

146 to discuss whether running LOP makes your navlight last longer.

oups.com...

Old January 2nd 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In a previous article, "LWG" said:
146 to discuss whether running LOP makes your navlight last longer.

I prefer to run a bit Dark Of Peak (DOP).

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"This was, apparently, beyond her ken. So far beyond her ken that she was
Old January 2nd 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
...does it take to change a nav light?

1 to change the nav light and to post that the nav light has been
changed

14 to share similar....

Ya missed one.... 26 hodgepodge of liberals and conservatives to argue the
political merit, or lack of, of the FARs that require NavLights in the first
place

Old January 2nd 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:

...does it take to change a nav light?

13 to remind the rest that only in aircraft with electrical systems is this
even an issue.

- Andrew