What I did on my summer vacation

Old July 4th 04, 08:47 PM
Andrew Gideon

Jim Burns wrote:

Ah, that is strange. They must have found some room inside the wing to
make
the bladders a little bigger.

Shrug Dunno. As I said, I'm astonished at what can change in a year.

I used to fly an Arrow that had 92 gallon tanks. Not many people could
spend that much time without needing to use the bathroom!

Which is why leaving fuel behind for more load is usually no great cost.
The real issue (at least for me) is trusting what's in the tanks.

- Andrew

Old July 4th 04, 10:04 PM
Jim Burns

Ah, that is strange. They must have found some room inside the wing to make
the bladders a little bigger. 88 useable, is that about 92 total? That
would be 6 gallons more per side, not just "a little" bit bigger! Lucky
you!

I used to fly an Arrow that had 92 gallon tanks. Not many people could
spend that much time without needing to use the bathroom!

Good flights!
Jim

---

Old July 7th 04, 10:46 AM
Cecil Chapman

I like the way you do vacations!!!

My wife has been telling me that at some point she would really like me to
see Colorado (I've never been there and I've always loved the mountains;
backpacking/camping). I had suggested to her (and she didn't even glare at
me grin) that maybe we could go there for a couple of weeks and I could
take advantage of the situation and take a mountain flying course in
Colorado from a reputable FBO.

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
"

Old July 7th 04, 02:46 PM

In rec.aviation.student Cecil Chapman wrote:
I like the way you do vacations!!!

My wife has been telling me that at some point she would really like me to
see Colorado (I've never been there and I've always loved the mountains;
backpacking/camping). I had suggested to her (and she didn't even glare at
me grin) that maybe we could go there for a couple of weeks and I could
take advantage of the situation and take a mountain flying course in
Colorado from a reputable FBO.

Our next Colorado Pilots Association course is August 21, flying August 22.
Please see Mountain Flying in:

http://coloradopilotsassociation.org/

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/