prova

Old October 12th 10, 09:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

Default prova

Jess Lurkin ha pensato forte :
Fabio wrote in news:4cb329f5$0$23145
:

prova

Attachment decoded: Meteor p1 08.JPG
------=mesnews_0_1011101717--

Thanks Fabio

Interesting design. from the pics you've posted
and the others found elsewhere, your pic is the
only Meteor with a rocket-assist pack. I saw a
pic with a steam catapult, and what appeared to
be some high tension spring system. As noted by
another poster, some of them had props to big for
the skid position. This pic with the RATO looks
just about right for recovery without *too much*
damage.

The
Usually from 1965 onward they used the booster assisted launch from a
short catapult. There was no skid at all so no problem for the props.
The aluminum variable pitch propellers in the last versions used to
bend when entering the water at sea. A parachute and a self inflating
device underneath the engine helped to facilitate recovery without
damage. ciao
Fabio

Old October 12th 10, 09:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

Nel suo scritto precedente, Jess Lurkin ha sostenuto :
Fabio wrote in news:4cb329f5$0$23145
:

prova

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=mesnews_0_1011101717

Attachment decoded: Meteor p1 08.JPG
------=mesnews_0_1011101717--

Thanks Fabio

Interesting design. from the pics you've posted
and the others found elsewhere, your pic is the
only Meteor with a rocket-assist pack. I saw a
pic with a steam catapult, and what appeared to
be some high tension spring system. As noted by
another poster, some of them had props to big for
the skid position. This pic with the RATO looks
just about right for recovery without *too much*
damage.

This is one of the earliest models
ciao
Fabio

Old October 12th 10, 09:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

Jess Lurkin scriveva il 12/10/2010 :
Fabio wrote in news:4cb329f5$0$23145
:

prova

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=mesnews_0_1011101717

Attachment decoded: Meteor p1 08.JPG
------=mesnews_0_1011101717--

Thanks Fabio

Interesting design. from the pics you've posted
and the others found elsewhere, your pic is the
only Meteor with a rocket-assist pack. I saw a
pic with a steam catapult, and what appeared to
be some high tension spring system. As noted by
another poster, some of them had props to big for
the skid position. This pic with the RATO looks
just about right for recovery without *too much*
damage.

here a pic of the model with the variable pitch prop
ciao
Fabio

Old October 12th 10, 11:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
:

"Fabio" wrote in message
prova

http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/I_METEOR_P1.HTM

It's a target drone, quite fascinating. I'm curious as it has a
ventral skid, as if it could be used to land on - but the prop
clearance, even when stopped, wouldn't prevent damage on landing.

Looking at all the photoa, it my opinion that its part of the launching
cradle,or rear support, not part or the aircraft..

Old October 13th 10, 12:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

Jess Lurkin NULL wrote in news:Xns9E0F986446DF5IPHIDEinuseALERT@
74.209.136.93:

Fabio wrote in news:4cb329f5$0$23145
:

prova

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=mesnews_0_1011101717

Attachment decoded: Meteor p1 08.JPG
------=mesnews_0_1011101717--

Thanks Fabio

Interesting design. from the pics you've posted
and the others found elsewhere, your pic is the
only Meteor with a rocket-assist pack. I saw a
pic with a steam catapult, and what appeared to
be some high tension spring system. As noted by
another poster, some of them had props to big for
the skid position. This pic with the RATO looks
just about right for recovery without *too much*
damage.

I worked with drone contractors at 35mm, 40mm, Blowpipe, Javelin and
ADATS firings. All had two-bladed airscrews. The modus operandi was to
fly them until they ran out of fuel and when the prop stopped, it would
be in a horizontal position, and they would belly-land on either grass or
snow. Props were often damaged, typically when a launch went wrong, but
easily replaced.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO