Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher"

Old September 23rd 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
John Boyle

Default Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher"

Jim Stewart wrote:
Scott Skylane wrote:
gregg wrote:

The best figures I've seen quoted for the o-200 give about 23 litres
per hour. Compared to my Rotax 912 at 13 litres per hour this is
THIRSTY.
Even with the lower cost of avgas in the US, the difference must be
enormous.
For reference, 10 extra litres per hour means $15.30 extra per hour
here in Australia.
Gregg

Gregg,

I've no experience with the Rotax, but A LOT with the O-200. 20
litres per hour is a very realistic number at a high cruise setting.
I suspect the 13 per our figure you're referencing is at a somewhat
conservative power level. Also, don't forget that the average O-200
will go about 1000 hours longer before overhaul than the 912.

My 912 is rated 1500 hours between overhaul
and the best info I can find for the O-200
is 1800 hours. Am I missing something?

To All: Somebody better check on the weight figures for the Legend, the
company has said they lightend the load and that makes quite a
difference. However, the Legend still costs about $100,000! There is a
kit version for somewhat less, about $30,000 less, approximately. I have
not heard of a Kit version for the Cessna! Problem is the cost of
learning and upkeep is beyond my means.

Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher" Jim Logajan Piloting 107 September 23rd 07 01:18 AM
Old polish aircraft TS-8 "Bies" ("Bogy") - for sale >pk Aviation Marketplace 0 October 16th 06 07:48 AM
More on Cessna's new "Cirrus Killer" [email protected] Piloting 49 November 13th 05 02:29 PM