(Leuchars airshow) [1/1] - "Red arrows.jpg" yEnc (1/1)

Old April 13th 08, 07:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Default (Leuchars airshow) [1/1] - "Red arrows.jpg" yEnc (1/1)

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:54:20 -0500, Doc Savage
wrote:

ŽiŠardo wrote in
:

Doc Savage wrote:
On Sat 12 Apr 2008 08:42:46p ŽiŠardo wrote in
:

Doc Savage wrote:
On Sat 12 Apr 2008 09:50:30a ŽiŠardo wrote in
:

Doc Savage wrote:
On Fri 11 Apr 2008 07:16:27p Peter Hucker wrote
in :

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:44:28 -0500, Doc Savage
wrote:

On Thu 10 Apr 2008 09:31:07p "Mike" wrote in
:

peter give the yenc amiss and just post a jpeg pls

Mike
Peter did post a .jpg. You're not missing anything, really.
It's underexposed as usual.
Interesting, most people tell me they are OVER exposed. It
depends on your monitor settings.
My monitor is just fine. Monitor, scanner and printer are
calibrated with a Ł10 note
Ten bob note, more like!

;-)

You probably still use bobs and tanners and collect the Co-op divi
up there. Do they still deliver your milk on a horse drawn float?.

Up the Clarets sunshine.
Co-op divi - now you're talking!

Where's "up there", by the way?

Up North. Lancs Yarkshire border way, not far from where I were born

Ah, now I understand.

Up the Pirates!

Bristol Rovers? YUK I'm a rugby fan. Mind you, I watched the Exeter
Chiefs at Twickers today. Great match, better than the Tigers/Ospreys.

Greetings from Somerset.

Blueyonder/Virgin should get their act together and let their servers
talk when they're queried. Kept giving me an address in Bradford
instead of Clevedon.

Maybe they're trying to stop stalkers?

What I'd like to know is where's the point in scanning a ten bob note
(if you can lay hands on one) when it only has two main colours?
They're twenty quid onEbay, and there was one early this morning selling
for over Ł200. Everybody has a tenner ('cept me. I seem to only have
twenties left atm) and it's pretty near perfect for comparative
calibration.

--
This message has been brought to you by nuclear power. Please don't tell the neighbours.

A guy walks into a bar. He's a rather large, menacing chap. He chugs back a beer and says, "All the guys on this side of the bars are cocksuckers! Anyone got a problem with that?" Everyone is understandably silent.
He then chugs back another beer and says, "All the guys on the other side of the bar are mother****ers! Anyone got a problem with that?" Everyone is silent, again.
Then one man gets up from his stool and starts to walk towards the man.
"You got a problem, buddy?"
"No, I'm just on the wrong side of the bar."
Old April 13th 08, 07:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Default (Leuchars airshow) [1/1] - "Red arrows.jpg" yEnc (1/1) - Red Arrows bc.jpg (1/1)

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:53:23 -0500, Doc Savage
wrote:

On Sat 12 Apr 2008 07:53:57p Peter Hucker wrote in
news
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 22:41:53 -0500, Dave Moorman
wrote:

wrote:

On Thu 10 Apr 2008 09:31:07p "Mike" wrote in
:

peter give the yenc amiss and just post a jpeg pls

Mike

Peter did post a .jpg. You're not missing anything, really. It's
underexposed as usual.

Interesting, most people tell me they are OVER exposed. It depends
on your monitor settings.

I though the exposure looked pretty good. I decreased the brightness
and upped the contrast a bit:

To me your version makes them look maroon instead of red.

It looks better - not perfect, but better on my monitors, even at the
factory default setting.

I never use monitors at default setting.
--
This message has been brought to you by nuclear power. Please don't tell the neighbours.

In light of the Madrid bombing, France has raised its terror alert level from "run" to "hide."
The only two higher levels in France are "surrender" and "collaborate."
Old April 13th 08, 07:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
ŽiŠardo

Doc Savage wrote:
On Sun 13 Apr 2008 09:43:10a ŽiŠardo wrote in
:

Blueyonder/Virgin should get their act together and let their servers
talk when they're queried. Kept giving me an address in Bradford
instead of Clevedon.

I didn't realize Clevedon had got cable too! The problem probably lies
with the Blueyonder/Virgin merger, where the former is specifically
cable.

Blueyonder were ok in the past. Telewest and NTL are the real problem.
For some reason, many of their local servers are registered as being at
locations miles from their true geographical location - probably regional
offices, or possibly due to equipment being moved to a new area following
an upgrade elsewhere. I met that a lot when I worked at Freeserve whilst
it was under the DRG Group, and I had a whale of a time during a
University holiday when I travelled the country upgrading the geolocator
data.

What I'd like to know is where's the point in scanning a ten bob note
(if you can lay hands on one) when it only has two main colours?
They're twenty quid onEbay, and there was one early this morning
selling for over Ł200. Everybody has a tenner ('cept me. I seem to
only have twenties left atm) and it's pretty near perfect for
comparative calibration.

I was only kidding about a ten bob note. And, yes, I was aware of
their current value. I must see if I can get hold of a tenner - again,
only twenties left - to do a bit of calibration myself. Thanks for the
tip.

Five, ten or twenty works just fine, but when comparing screen and paper
images, remember that the screen is transmissive and paper is reflective,
so you'll need to light the banknote alonside the screen for an accurate
comparison. I used a small halogen reading lamp with a layer of kleenex
over the front as a diffuser (it can get very hot, so be careful). If
you need to be very accurate, and with 'summer' closing in, I suggest
making two settings - especially with TFT screens. One for daylight, and
one for night time artificial light.

Take care, 73 and good luck in the contest

Your guidance is appreciated.

Regards,

ŽiŠardo

--
Moving things in still pictures!
Old April 13th 08, 08:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Doc Savage

On Sun 13 Apr 2008 07:09:43p Peter Hucker wrote in
:

Maybe they're trying to stop stalkers?

They're hiding preverts who download pics of nekkid baby parrots
Old April 13th 08, 08:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Doc Savage

On Sun 13 Apr 2008 07:11:18p Peter Hucker wrote in
:

wrote:

On Sat 12 Apr 2008 07:53:57p Peter Hucker wrote in
news
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 22:41:53 -0500, Dave Moorman
wrote:

wrote:

On Thu 10 Apr 2008 09:31:07p "Mike" wrote in
:

peter give the yenc amiss and just post a jpeg pls

Mike

Peter did post a .jpg. You're not missing anything, really. It's
underexposed as usual.

Interesting, most people tell me they are OVER exposed. It depends
on your monitor settings.

I though the exposure looked pretty good. I decreased the brightness
and upped the contrast a bit:

To me your version makes them look maroon instead of red.

It looks better - not perfect, but better on my monitors, even at the
factory default setting.

I never use monitors at default setting.

This one is an Acer, like yours only older and only 17". Default and
artificial light settings are only a click apart, not really worth the
hassle of crawling through the setup menu.
Old April 14th 08, 07:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:46:22 -0500, Doc Savage
wrote:

On Sun 13 Apr 2008 07:09:43p Peter Hucker wrote in
:

Maybe they're trying to stop stalkers?

They're hiding preverts who download pics of nekkid baby parrots

Should I have put a little pair of shorts on him first?
--
This message has been brought to you by nuclear power. Please don't tell the neighbours.

In 2005 eight Brits (All Scottish) cracked their skulls whilst throwing up into the toilet.
Old April 14th 08, 07:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

wrote:

On Sat 12 Apr 2008 07:53:57p Peter Hucker wrote in
news
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 22:41:53 -0500, Dave Moorman
wrote:

wrote:

On Thu 10 Apr 2008 09:31:07p "Mike" wrote in
:

peter give the yenc amiss and just post a jpeg pls

Mike

Peter did post a .jpg. You're not missing anything, really. It's
underexposed as usual.

Interesting, most people tell me they are OVER exposed. It depends
on your monitor settings.

I though the exposure looked pretty good. I decreased the brightness
and upped the contrast a bit:

To me your version makes them look maroon instead of red.

It looks better - not perfect, but better on my monitors, even at the
factory default setting.

I never use monitors at default setting.

This one is an Acer, like yours only older and only 17".

Do you ever have it blinking the startup logo and doing nothing else?
Mine does every few weeks, power cycling at the mains (I usually
switch it off at the front switch) sorts it.

Default and
artificial light settings are only a click apart, not really worth the
hassle of crawling through the setup menu.

Not sure what you mean.

I've set mine using the graphics card, as there is very little
adjustment on the monitor itself.
--
This message has been brought to you by nuclear power. Please don't tell the neighbours.

Confuscious say: "Man who lives in glass house should change in basement."
Old April 14th 08, 09:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Doc Savage

Peter Hucker wrote in
:

wrote:

On Sun 13 Apr 2008 07:09:43p Peter Hucker wrote in
m:

Maybe they're trying to stop stalkers?

They're hiding preverts who download pics of nekkid baby parrots

Should I have put a little pair of shorts on him first?

Or you could have put him in the mincer.
Old April 14th 08, 09:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Doc Savage

Peter Hucker wrote in
:

This one is an Acer, like yours only older and only 17".

Do you ever have it blinking the startup logo and doing nothing else?
Mine does every few weeks, power cycling at the mains (I usually
switch it off at the front switch) sorts it.

Nope. Sorry no info either. I'm on an antique Acer travelmate 240
laptop. 2.6GHz Celeron. Only paid Ł350 for it in a Comet Sale. Screen
on this is nice, but the graphics card could be better.

artificial light settings are only a click apart, not really worth the
hassle of crawling through the setup menu.

Not sure what you mean.

Circular menu, takes about 6 clicks to reach brightness - 7 for
contrast-8 for colour saturation, then on to the end to confirm and lock
changes. Graphics card in the box is a 128 AGP4 could be better.