yeehaa

Old January 20th 09, 12:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
flybywire

Default yeehaa

Old January 20th 09, 01:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hans Holbein

Do you measure the range of this vehicle in foot or in yards?
SCNR
Old January 20th 09, 03:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_2_]

"flybywire" rudely blurted out
:

reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks for posting! I saved this picture a
couple of years ago and cannot find it on
any of about 10 Winchesters.

THIS TIME I'll rename it so I can find it!

Old January 20th 09, 05:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI - Powered[_3_]

Hans Holbein added these comments in the current discussion du jour

flybywire schrieb:

Do you measure the range of this vehicle in foot or in yards?
SCNR

How about nautical miles?

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Government is NOT the solution to our problems, it IS our
problem!" - Ronald Reagan
Old January 21st 09, 04:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hans Holbein

flybywire schrieb:

Do you measure the range of this vehicle in foot or in yards?
SCNR

How about nautical miles?

You mean this motor corresponds with the size of the fuel tank in a way,
this thing can be driven over a greater distance as you might throw it?
Old January 21st 09, 08:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI - Powered[_2_]

Hans Holbein added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

Do you measure the range of this vehicle in foot or in yards?
SCNR

How about nautical miles?

You mean this motor corresponds with the size of the fuel tank
in a way, this thing can be driven over a greater distance as
you might throw it?

Beats me, I was making a joke. Since airplanes use nautical miles,
I thought maybe a cycle powered by a radial aircraft engine might
also. As to range, don't know how many gallons/hour one of those
old radials might consume.

Cheers!

--
HP, aka Jerry

"... If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do
it ..." - Abraham Lincoln in letter to Horace Greeley, 1862
Old January 21st 09, 10:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hans Holbein

HEMI - Powered schrieb:
Hans Holbein added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

Do you measure the range of this vehicle in foot or in yards?
SCNR

How about nautical miles?

You mean this motor corresponds with the size of the fuel tank
in a way, this thing can be driven over a greater distance as
you might throw it?

Beats me, I was making a joke. Since airplanes use nautical miles,
I thought maybe a cycle powered by a radial aircraft engine might
also. As to range, don't know how many gallons/hour one of those
old radials might consume.

On my combat simulator program (Sturmovik) I can choose Kmh, mph or KIAS.
Are nautical miles base for the latter?
I think it can mean knots indicated airspeed but am not sure about it.

I dont think this Radials consumes to much.
With the estimated 10l he might come about 50 miles I believe.

But I have to commit, the beast looks awesome, pityfully no offroader.
Old January 22nd 09, 12:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI - Powered[_2_]

Hans Holbein added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

Beats me, I was making a joke. Since airplanes use nautical
miles, I thought maybe a cycle powered by a radial aircraft
engine might also. As to range, don't know how many
gallons/hour one of those old radials might consume.

On my combat simulator program (Sturmovik) I can choose Kmh, mph
or KIAS. Are nautical miles base for the latter?
I think it can mean knots indicated airspeed but am not sure
about it.

Had to Google KIAS, Knots Indicated Air Speed. I would say, yes,
nautical miles or knots would be the unit for this. Since I am not a
pilot nor do I play simulation games, I don't know if the one you
refer to differentiates between ground speed and indicated air speed
but whether it is in statute miles/hour or nautical miles/hour or
knots I don't know.

I dont think this Radials consumes to much.
With the estimated 10l he might come about 50 miles I believe.

This particular radial seems to be small and perhaps one prior to the
beasts of WWII but I doubt that ANY aircraft engine is going to be a
high mileage engine in normal use, it's displacement is just too
large. But, without knowing details, no intelligent comment can be
made here.

Old January 22nd 09, 01:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF

"HEMI - Powered" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

In point of fact,
The engine of that bike is not old, its an Australian made 7 cylinder, 110HP
Rotec R2800 Radial.
Heres a link to the engine:
http://www.rotecradialengines.com/0RotecR2800/R2800.htm
Check he http://www.rotecradialengines.com/0R...R2800.htm#bike for
some vids of the bike running.

HTH
--

Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF
Innisfail

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090121-0, 21/01/2009
Tested on: 22/01/2009 11:22:04 PM

Old January 22nd 09, 02:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hans Holbein

HEMI - Powered schrieb:
[...]

Im no pilot neither.

Im still learning all the things needed to go online for combat with
other weirdos. ;-)

The usual airspeed indicator is a tube on some undisturbed place at the
aircraft, the pitot-tube.
With lesser air pressure at increasing height you need more speed to
induce the pressure in this tube to indacate the airspeed.
So indacated airspeed IAS differs from true airspeed TAS which means the
speed realtively to the surface.
With no wind influence, as I recall the fomula is
TAS=IASx(1+ Heightx0,02/300)
But I might have forgotten something.
Its ~8% pus in 3000ft and ~44% in 20000ft
If I'm correct, in 20000ft you fly 540knots while your indicator shows
only 375knots.

Im not very comfortable with the anglo-saxon systems, but over a long
term I think the metric system will do the race.
Resistance is futile!
SCNR