B-17 Cafe

Old April 20th 11, 10:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default B-17 Cafe

Finally achieved the long planned for and much wanted visit to the B-17
Bomber Cafe in Portland.

weather was typical of most of the trip but the meal was excellent.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B-17.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	47911
Old April 20th 11, 04:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wickiup

"Glenn" wrote in news:4daea5fe$0$29965$c3e8da3
:

Finally achieved the long planned for and much wanted visit to the B-17
Bomber Cafe in Portland.

weather was typical of most of the trip but the meal was excellent.

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CBFF90.B80E27A0

Attachment decoded: B-17.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CBFF90.B80E27A0--

Could you tell us when this was taken?

Thanks
Old April 20th 11, 04:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
wickiup wrote:

"Glenn" wrote in news:4daea5fe$0$29965$c3e8da3
:

Finally achieved the long planned for and much wanted visit to the B-17
Bomber Cafe in Portland.

weather was typical of most of the trip but the meal was excellent.

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CBFF90.B80E27A0

Attachment decoded: B-17.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CBFF90.B80E27A0--

Could you tell us when this was taken?

Thanks

It looks as if the nose section is missing. I visited the service
station back in 1961 and crawled inside the plane. It was all there,
but, IIRC, the cockpit had been stripped.
Old April 20th 11, 08:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

Orval Fairbairn wrote in
news
In article ,
wickiup wrote:

"Glenn" wrote in

It looks as if the nose section is missing. I visited the service
station back in 1961 and crawled inside the plane. It was all there,
but, IIRC, the cockpit had been stripped.

IIRC:

Its being restored inside the cafe building.

she looked much better years ago when we saw her..
Old April 20th 11, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"wickiup" wrote in message
. 168...
"Glenn" wrote in news:4daea5fe$0$29965$c3e8da3
:

Finally achieved the long planned for and much wanted visit to the B-17
Bomber Cafe in Portland.

weather was typical of most of the trip but the meal was excellent.

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CBFF90.B80E27A0

Attachment decoded: B-17.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CBFF90.B80E27A0--

Could you tell us when this was taken?

Thanks

About 4 weeks ago.

Old April 21st 11, 05:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wickiup

"Glenn" wrote in
eb.com:

"wickiup" wrote in message
. 168...
"Glenn" wrote in
news:4daea5fe$0$29965$c3e8da3 :

Finally achieved the long planned for and much wanted visit to the
B-17 Bomber Cafe in Portland.

weather was typical of most of the trip but the meal was excellent.

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CBFF90.B80E27A0

Attachment decoded: B-17.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CBFF90.B80E27A0--

Could you tell us when this was taken?

Thanks

About 4 weeks ago.

Was curious as I live not far from there and at one time it was pretty well
stripped out. Guess I should drive over and take a look see.

Thanks
Old June 21st 11, 11:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"wickiup" wrote in message
. 189...
"Glenn" wrote in
eb.com:

"wickiup" wrote in message
. 168...
"Glenn" wrote in
news:4daea5fe$0$29965$c3e8da3 :

Finally achieved the long planned for and much wanted visit to the
B-17 Bomber Cafe in Portland.

weather was typical of most of the trip but the meal was excellent.

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CBFF90.B80E27A0

Attachment decoded: B-17.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CBFF90.B80E27A0--

Could you tell us when this was taken?

Thanks

About 4 weeks ago.

Was curious as I live not far from there and at one time it was pretty
well
stripped out. Guess I should drive over and take a look see.

Thanks

You should, and post some photos with Blue sky. Seeing as most of my trip
wasn't :-)