Wanted Power/data connectors for Compaq Aero 1500 PDAs

Old April 14th 10, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Wanted Power/data connectors for Compaq Aero 1500 PDAs

Hi,

My awesome cable manufacturer Larry Goddard is having a very difficult time
obtaining new power/data connectors for Compaq Aero 1500 units.

Does anyone know of a current source for them?

Does anyone have any old AeroC-x cables that they are no longer using? I'll
give you $10 credit for them. I have customers that need them. I would
send them to Larry Goddard for re-manufacture.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 14th 10, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Apr 14, 10:09*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

My awesome cable manufacturer Larry Goddard is having a very difficult time
obtaining new power/data connectors for Compaq Aero 1500 units.

Does anyone know of a current source for them?

Does anyone have any old AeroC-x cables that they are no longer using? *I'll
give you $10 credit for them. *I have customers that need them. *I would
send them to Larry Goddard for re-manufacture.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Probably more work than most want to go through, but I buy USB Sync/
Charge cables from Semsons (online) for about $5.00 a piece. The
wiring for serial vs USB is completely different, so you have to open
the connector, de-solder, then resolder the wires to the appropriate
pins (pinouts available online too). Unless you have exceptional
vision, be prepared to work under a magnifying light! I cut off the
USB end and wire a DB9 for my Cambridge (standard RS232), easy. The
$5.00 cable is a little longer than 1 meter, which is nice for my
setup.
http://www.semsons.com/usbhoandchca5.html
Old April 14th 10, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Apr 14, 11:06*am, Grider Pirate wrote:
[...]

OOPS! Sorry, disregard. I'll be taking reading comprehension 101.
Old April 16th 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Whatcott

Grider Pirate wrote:
[...]

For what it's worth, I recently ordered a Siamesed cable with a 12 volt
cigar lighter jack on one end, and one cable to a 9 pin serial female
connector with 5 volt supply pin built in, and another cable to the
older style Garmin female four pin connector. The implication for me
is that these combinations can be found if the search is conducted on
eBay etc....

Brian W