Lightspeed Excellent Service

Old January 13th 04, 12:52 PM
Jay Honeck

The batteries connectors in my 20 3G are bad. The batteries tend to
rise up making a questionable connection. May have to complain about
it.

Do you use the little holster thing that mounts it to the wall of the plane?
That thing has solved so many problems for us, and cost Lightspeed, what, a
buck? A good example of a simple, workable solution to a vexing problem.

I'm not sure the batteries *could* come out, with the battery box slid into
the holster...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 13th 04, 10:30 PM
Snowbird

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message igy.com...

OBTW if DCs are properly adjusted they are no more or less
comfortable than any other headset.

Like many sweeping generalizations, either the pilot shops
where I've tried on Dave Clarks and the owners who've lent
them to me, don't know how to adjust them (and I can't figure
it out either) or, this simply isn't true.

People have different head shapes. I can see where DC's
would not be a problem for someone with a fairly narrow
headshape.

They are very uncomfortable to me, and there is a significant
comfort difference between their passive models and other
passive models, and their ANR models vs other ANR headsets.

FWIW,
Sydney
Old January 14th 04, 03:28 PM
aaronw

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:02:34 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

I also like the cell-phone interface, and the clip-on wall-mount holder for
the battery box has completely solved the
"broken-wires-inside-caused-by-hanging" problem that plagued their earlier
models.

Where did you get this clip-on holder? Is this the thing that slides
onto the battery box and then has a spring loaded metal clip on it?
My CFI has one for his, but he's out of town now, and I keep meaning
to ask him where he got it. I looked on lightspeed's webpage, but I
don't see any picture of it. That would be useful, I used to hang
mine over the yoke column, but now I just put it in the knee pocket.
However, the buttons have a tendency to get pushed accidentally when
it's in there, so I'd like to be able to clip it onto the outside of
that...

aw
Old January 15th 04, 12:42 AM
Ron Lee

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Do you use the little holster thing that mounts it to the wall of the plane?
That thing has solved so many problems for us, and cost Lightspeed, what, a
buck? A good example of a simple, workable solution to a vexing problem.

I'm not sure the batteries *could* come out, with the battery box slid into
the holster...
--

No. The cord hangs free. I am not saying that the batteries come
out totally but when I open the lid teh contact with the terminals

Ron Lee

Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Old January 16th 04, 12:50 PM
Jay Honeck

Where did you get this clip-on holder? Is this the thing that slides
onto the battery box and then has a spring loaded metal clip on it?

Yep. It came with my Twenty 3Gs.

It won't work with the older, rectangular-shaped battery boxes. With those
units we bent a big paperclip around the box, and hung it from the side wall
of the plane.

Not as nice looking, but it accomplished the same thing.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 20th 04, 02:02 PM
Thomas Borchert

Aaronw,

Where did you get this clip-on holder?

It comes with the newer headsets. LS is learning. If you want one, I
suggest to call Lightspeed and ask.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Air Force Chief Sounds Off as Service Birthday Approaches Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 18th 04 03:54 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Service Bulletins, Service Letters, Service Spares Letters O. Sami Saydjari Owning 5 December 26th 03 05:36 AM
Lightspeed Comes Through! Jay Honeck Owning 75 August 25th 03 04:45 PM
Lightspeed Comes Through! Jay Honeck Piloting 76 August 25th 03 04:45 PM