Meigs now enjoyed by all!

Old July 4th 05, 10:07 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message
oups.com...

2 planes from the private strip in So. DuPage, Brookeridge, have
wrecked in the 1990's on
takeoff, almost hitting traffic and the local fire district (Darien)
built a special station just
for them. Pay for your own toys, jet-setters

Is the fire station limited to serving only the airport? How many jets are
based at Brookeridge?

30-40 $80,000 salaried FF's are now deployed to serve ALL. Not just the
fly-boys.

Were they previously limited to serving only Meigs?

Sight-seers can use Gary or Lansing.

Or a variety of other airports. But what if my destination is in downtown
Chicago?

Old July 4th 05, 10:08 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message
oups.com...

The Park District is a seperate unit funded by property taxes, with the
Meigs fence gone, ALL can enjoy their property.

Couldn't all enjoy it before?

Old July 4th 05, 10:45 PM
Jay Honeck

Or a variety of other airports. But what if my destination is in downtown
Chicago?

It's easy: Don't go there. Don't spend another nickel in that crooked
cesspool of a city.

Mary and I won't, until Daley is either dead or out of office -- whichever
comes first.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 4th 05, 10:46 PM
Jay Honeck

That Bushie rag is losing readers like PlayBoy in a school for the
blind. Unless you like
the latest missing sweetie-pie coverage.

You talking about the Trib?

Please quote/copy/paste whatever it is you're responding to.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 4th 05, 11:42 PM
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:

Or a variety of other airports. But what if my destination is in downtown
Chicago?

It's easy: Don't go there. Don't spend another nickel in that crooked
cesspool of a city.

Mary and I won't, until Daley is either dead or out of office -- whichever
comes first.

That's my approach as well. Had a nice vacation there a couple of years
before they razed Meigs. Never again.

I'd just love to be in a situation some day (say CEO of a large company)
to be able to deny something of great value to Chicago (say a Fortune
100 company HQ or similar). Just a dream though...

Matt
Old July 5th 05, 03:39 AM
Morgans

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote

GA airports are part of our transportation system and fill a vital role
there. Only a fool would deny that.

Not too mention that a whole lot of GA is training and building hours, for
commercial pilots. Everyone wants to have pilots for their aluminum tubes,
don't they?
--
Jim in NC

Old July 5th 05, 08:33 AM
Thomas Borchert

maybe 400 pilots use it,

And maybe more. Have a source for that number?

While you're digging up facts, find out how much money is left in your
community by those using the airport. Look for taxes by corporations
basing their planes there. Look for business people flying in to do
business with local companies. Look for companies based at the airport.

Your meager tax contribution will very likely pale in comparison...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old July 5th 05, 08:33 AM
Thomas Borchert

almost hitting traffic

So what you're saying is: Nothing happened.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)