Problem with Unison Lasar Ignition

Old December 1st 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
hmoser

Default Problem with Unison Lasar Ignition

I have a PA-28R-180 with a Lycoming IO-360 engine. I did install your
Lasar ignition system 2 years ago and it did run without any problem
just until recently. Since 2 months I am experiencing problems with the
ignition. I have grounded the aircraft since then.

My observations:
Engine start is normal, also normal operation with Lasar on.

When I check the magnetos during engine run-up the engine does not run
smoothly on the LH magnet.
At low RPM's the problem is barely noticeable.
At 2000 RPM the RPM drop is within limits but the engine runs rough.
At higher RPM's (up to TO-power) the engine shakes and runs very rough
with a big RPM decrease.

I checked & replaced the LH spark plugs, the the main ignition switch
and checked the harness. I also removed, cleaned and
reinstalled/realigned the LH magneto without success.

Does anybody have a similar problem? a solution?

Thanks
Hans

Old December 2nd 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Doug Palmer

Believe it or not, the last time somebody had a similar problem at our
field, they simply had two of the plug wires crossed up. It only really
showed at the highte power settings, just one more thing to confirm.

Good luck
ups.com...

Old December 2nd 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

I have seen ignition timing that was retarded do the same thing.

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com
hmoser wrote:
[...]

74 Archer ignition switch question Mike Noel Owning 9 September 10th 06 10:46 PM
The BIGGER problem in the FAA exposed JohnWayne Instrument Flight Rules 4 September 2nd 06 11:21 PM
Ignition problem? nauga Home Built 10 July 1st 04 02:15 AM
RF interference issue again (esp. for E Drucker and Jim Weir and other RF wizards) Snowbird Home Built 78 December 3rd 03 09:10 PM
2nd update on Review of Plasma II Ignition System MikeremlaP Home Built 8 July 22nd 03 01:37 AM