Oh, the pressure!

Old April 16th 04, 11:51 PM
Andrew Gideon

Default Oh, the pressure!

I've flown with DEs and with very experienced instructors. But nothing
prepared me for today. In a new (to me) plane, I was flying with three
other pilots on board.

Yikes!

In fact, it wasn't so bad until it came time to park at our destination.
How four pilots could come up with five different opinions is still leaving
me a little baffled.

Perhaps the scariest moment, though, was when we stopped to pick up two of
the passengers. With four of us to be in a 182, we were a little concerned
about weight. When we asked the two pilots about to join us for their
weights, one answered "...fully clothed".

Now *that's* a solution to W&B problems that I've yet to see on an FAA
written.

- Andrew

Old April 17th 04, 12:08 AM
Bob Gardner

Try shooting a non-precision approach with five instrument instructors on
board.

Bob Gardner

online.com...

Old April 17th 04, 01:01 AM
Teacherjh

In a new (to me) plane, I was flying with three
other pilots on board.

Just remember who's pilot in command. Learn from everyone, but don't let them
make your decisions.

Jose

Old April 17th 04, 01:30 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
Try shooting a non-precision approach with five instrument instructors on
board.

Bob Gardner

Try shooting a non-precision approach with five knockout blonde instrument
instructors aboard.

Old April 17th 04, 02:09 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

Try shooting a non-precision approach with five knockout blonde instrument
instructors aboard.

Try doing it with *one* on board. Why do you think it took me 72 hours to get my PPC?

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".
Old April 17th 04, 03:30 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

Try shooting a non-precision approach with five knockout blonde

instrument
instructors aboard.

Try doing it with *one* on board. Why do you think it took me 72 hours to

get my PPC?

I hate to think how long FIVE would have taken...you'd been completely worn
out.

Old April 17th 04, 05:48 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

I hate to think how long FIVE would have taken...you'd been completely worn
out.

Kinda hard to get 'em all in a Cessna 150. Might be fun, though.

Old April 17th 04, 05:51 PM
Tom Sixkiller

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

I hate to think how long FIVE would have taken...you'd been completely

worn
out.

Kinda hard to get 'em all in a Cessna 150. Might be fun, though.

You'd need some...ah, maybe Crisco oil. Well, yeah, that'd be fun.

Old April 17th 04, 10:55 PM
Bob Gardner

The one lady instructor at Seattle Flight Service, Inc during my tenure
would not fill your description.

Bob

Old April 20th 04, 04:11 AM
Journeyman

In article , Tom Sixkiller wrote:

Kinda hard to get 'em all in a Cessna 150. Might be fun, though.

You'd need some...ah, maybe Crisco oil. Well, yeah, that'd be fun.

You dummy, that's shortening.

Morris (well, someone had to say it)