Taildragger vs. rolling 18 wheeler - movie links

Old November 21st 05, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Taildragger vs. rolling 18 wheeler - movie links

Saw parts of this movie late Saturday night on the Sci-Fi channel (while
flipping back and forth from the USC-Fresno State game).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299988/
The Hitcher II: I've Been Waiting (2003)

There's a scene where the pilot-wife (steals) a dirty old, polished
aluminum(?), Cessna taildragger. She then heads out over a desert road to
take on a moving 18 wheeler (gasoline tanker of course) being driven by the
new Rutger Hauer - Jake Busey (who, BTW, looks 100% like his old man, Gary).

http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movie...ml?v_id=285755
You can catch a glimpse of this ...'duel' by clicking View Trailer at the
bottom of the NY Times article. Wait for it if it's a tad slow loading.
Links work.

As silly 'he's the devil' hitchhiker movies go, this one wasn't ALL bad.

As Cessna taildraggers vs. rolling 18 wheeler movie scenes go, this one was
pretty good. I will give one thing away - unlike the bi-plane in Hitchcock's
film, N/NW, this plane does NOT fly into the side of the truck. That would
have been too easy. That gasoline tanker's just got to find another way to
blow up.

Kari Wuhrer is the actress who plays Maggie the pilot. Oo-la-la.

Montblack
"It blow'd up real good."

Old November 21st 05, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

"Montblack" wrote in message
Jake Busey (who, BTW, looks 100% like his old man, Gary).

Jake is on helmetless motorcycle wreck from being a duplicate of his father.

Old November 22nd 05, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

There's a scene where the pilot-wife (steals) a dirty old, polished aluminum(?), Cessna taildragger

The plane in the trailer looked like a DH Beaver (round engine was a
giveaway)

Old November 22nd 05, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

There's a scene where the pilot-wife (steals) a dirty old, polished
aluminum(?), Cessna taildragger

wrote)
The plane in the trailer looked like a DH Beaver (round engine was a
giveaway)

http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/trailer.html?v_id=285755
The Hitcher II: I've Been Waiting (Movie Trailer)

I was "clicking" late Saturday night so missed the radial engine scene in
the movie. The scene with the semi tanker was, I'm pretty sure, a
taildragging Cessna something.

If someone who 'loves playing with this stuff' can isolate the plane in the
movie, we'll have our answer. g

Montblack

Old November 22nd 05, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:
There's a scene where the pilot-wife (steals) a dirty old, polished
aluminum(?), Cessna taildragger

wrote)
The plane in the trailer looked like a DH Beaver (round engine was a
giveaway)

Thats the animated one, the one shot from the front coming down the
highway is a painted Cessna, the one of it chasing the tanker is an
unpainted rounded tail C170...

Old November 28th 05, 07:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:38:27 -0500, Bryan Martin
wrote:

There were two different airplanes in the trailer. The first had a radial,
the second had a flat engine.

in article ,
at
wrote on 11/22/05 8:55 AM:

There's a scene where the pilot-wife (steals) a dirty old, polished
aluminum(?), Cessna taildragger

The plane in the trailer looked like a DH Beaver (round engine was a
giveaway)

Cessna had a trail dragger with a round engine.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old November 28th 05, 10:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Roger wrote:
The plane in the trailer looked like a DH Beaver (round engine was a
giveaway)

Cessna had a trail dragger with a round engine.

C-195 with the Jacobs engine, IIRC. We had one on the field they called "The
Beast".

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old November 28th 05, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Roger wrote:
The plane in the trailer looked like a DH Beaver (round engine was a
giveaway)

Cessna had a trail dragger with a round engine.

C-195 with the Jacobs engine, IIRC. We had one on the field they called "The
Beast".

But the animated radial engined plane in the clip has struts...
Old November 28th 05, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Darrel Toepfer wrote:
The plane in the trailer looked like a DH Beaver (round engine was a
giveaway)

Cessna had a trail dragger with a round engine.

C-195 with the Jacobs engine, IIRC. We had one on the field they called "The
Beast".

But the animated radial engined plane in the clip has struts...

Well, that leaves out the C-195. It was fully cantilevered.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE