Russia & India to send joint manned mission to Moon

Old November 13th 03, 07:19 AM
Alexey

cool

Old November 13th 03, 07:43 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message
om...
"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message
om...
http://lenta.ru/russia/2003/11/12/moon/

(in russian)

Today russia's agency for aviation and space research and india's
organization for space research signed a deal to prepare
joint automatic and manned missions to Moon by 2008.

Michael

But Michael you have bene telling us for years that such
a thing is impossible due to radiation in the Van Allen belts
and from Cosmic sources.

Keith, you know very well that I was telling that it was impossible
with US technologies used in 60s. Clearly still it will be very
difficult with modern technologies. Whole array of completely new
technologies will be required, including real protection against
radiation you have mentioned. At least we will try.

I'll believe it when I see it.

when and if we succeed we will see is it really first man landing on moon
or not. Since likely China will join the trully international
project there will be very difficult to US to dispute its results and
particularly results of international inspection of the Appolo
"moon landing" sites.

I'm waiting with baited breath , in the meantime you may be interested
in the finding by Misha Kreslavsky and Shkuratov of the Kharkov
Astronomical Observatory in Ukraine of pictures showing the
Apollo 15 Landing site.

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches...os_010427.html

Keith

Old November 13th 03, 09:20 AM
John Flogger

I hope the impoverished and mal-nourished India can first provide
clean drinking water, food, electricity, metal roads and basic health
services to over 800 million of its sub standard people living far
below its poverty line.

God help Russia who chooses India as its technical partner, which can
not even make 100% of a bicycle locally without substantial foreign
assistance and technology transfer. May be you Ruskies can use these
Indy junkies to polish and clean your space vehicle and provide in
flight live entertainment to the astronauts !!!.

Old November 13th 03, 12:05 PM
Jack Linthicum

(Matt Ramsey) wrote in message . com...
(Michael Petukhov) wrote in message . com...
http://lenta.ru/russia/2003/11/12/moon/

(in russian)

Today russia's agency for aviation and space research and india's
organization for space research signed a deal to prepare
joint automatic and manned missions to Moon by 2008.

Michael

Maybe if we're lucky they'll send Michael Petukhov. And leave him there.

No, one of those bleeding heart liberals we are always being warned
against will organize some sort of Airplane II lash-up and try to
rescue him. and fail.
Old November 13th 03, 12:12 PM
Michael Petukhov

[...]

Thanks, although I think I have seen this image before. It is not
detailed enough for any pro or contra judgement. Additionaly this data
does not contradict to my theory that US did send and soft landed
a sort of automatic probe equipped with TV rebroadcaster to show
overexcited US public the "moon" pictures from an earth studio.
Although clearly given level of that time technology this achiement
by itself was, no doubts, a huge success.

Michael
Old November 13th 03, 05:22 PM
Scott Ferrin

Thanks, although I think I have seen this image before. It is not
detailed enough for any pro or contra judgement. Additionaly this data
does not contradict to my theory that US did send and soft landed
a sort of automatic probe equipped with TV rebroadcaster to show
overexcited US public the "moon" pictures from an earth studio.
Although clearly given level of that time technology this achiement
by itself was, no doubts, a huge success.

Michael

And when they find footprints and friggin' CARS on the moon no doubt
you'll say the cars made the footprints.
Old November 14th 03, 01:12 AM
Pete

"Geoff Cashman" wrote

Michael,

No matter how much evidence is provided to you, you would insist
the sky is not blue.

You can say radiation would have prevented astronauts from going
to the moon. Yet, *huge* amounts of evidence indicate otherwise.

Do you have *ANY* evidence at all that the U.S. did not in fact
land men on the moon?

You asked the question wrong.
Of course he has 'evidence'.

It should have been asked:
"Do you have any *credible* evidence at all that the U.S. did not in fact
land men on the moon?"..."

Pete