C-130H pilot/copilot visual recon on Sept. 11th - any further info ?

Old June 18th 04, 02:20 PM
John S. Shinal

Default C-130H pilot/copilot visual recon on Sept. 11th - any further info ?

In listening to the 9/11 Commission's report on CSPAN, I was
amazed by the fact that a C-130H just getting airborne was diverted to
recon the Pentagon attack, and then also reconned the crash site in
Pennsylvania. That's a busy morning.

While understanding the crew may want to stay anonymous, does
anyone have any details on this mission they can share ? Were any
awards made, etc ?

I was also pretty impressed that Langley scrambled in six
minutes from what appeared to be no notice.

Any conspiracy rants will be ignored, but I'd welcome
intelligent discussion about the report.

Old June 18th 04, 04:49 PM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, John S.
Shinal confessed the following:

While understanding the crew may want to stay anonymous, does
anyone have any details on this mission they can share ? Were any
awards made, etc ?

It was news to me too. Had not heard anything from co-worker that fly
for the MN ANG or the AFRes C-130 outfits.

I was also pretty impressed that Langley scrambled in six
minutes from what appeared to be no notice.

Yah know, the Hooligans from Fargo ND have a Det at Langley. The fella
that was the Det Commander that morning is a co-worker. They launched
pretty quickly once they got the order.

Old June 18th 04, 05:23 PM
Ron

Yah know, the Hooligans from Fargo ND have a Det at Langley. The fella
that was the Det Commander that morning is a co-worker. They launched
pretty quickly once they got the order.

Any conspiracy rants will be ignored, but I'd welcome
intelligent discussion about the report.

Robey

There is a painting of a Hooligans F-16 passing over the Pentagon just after
the impact. They are a great unit. Have they gotten their C models yet to
replace the ADFs?

Ron
PA-31T Cheyenne II
Maharashtra Weather Modification Program
Pune, India

Old June 18th 04, 05:53 PM
George Z. Bush

John S. Shinal wrote:
In listening to the 9/11 Commission's report on CSPAN, I was
amazed by the fact that a C-130H just getting airborne was diverted to
recon the Pentagon attack, and then also reconned the crash site in
Pennsylvania. That's a busy morning.

While understanding the crew may want to stay anonymous, does
anyone have any details on this mission they can share ? Were any
awards made, etc ?

I was also pretty impressed that Langley scrambled in six
minutes from what appeared to be no notice.

Any conspiracy rants will be ignored, but I'd welcome
intelligent discussion about the report.

Without trying to finger point, I find it a little embarrassing that our
military, with its capability of developing contingency plans for coping with
****ant countries like Granada, Kosovo, and probably Monaco, hadn't gotten
around to thinking outside the box enough to deal with flying Boeing 676 jet
fuel bombs. It now seems that there was a little advance notice about that kind
of attack developing. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, that "heads up"
warning from the spooks never got to the guys responsible for putting together
plans and procedures for dealing with such eventualities.

George Z.

Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
Encryption =---

Old June 18th 04, 06:13 PM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, Ron
confessed the following:

There is a painting of a Hooligans F-16 passing over the Pentagon just after
the impact. They are a great unit.

If you happen upon the photos of the pair of Hooligan F-16s over the
Pentagon, look at the Star & Bar on the right side of jet #006 very
closely...it's upside down.

Have they gotten their C models yet to
replace the ADFs?

Do not know...

Robey
Old June 18th 04, 06:48 PM
John S. Shinal

"George Z. Bush" wrote:
Without trying to finger point, I find it a little embarrassing that our
military, with its capability of developing contingency plans for coping with
****ant countries like Granada, Kosovo, and probably Monaco, hadn't gotten
around to thinking outside the box enough to deal with flying Boeing 676 jet
fuel bombs.

Well, I'd broaden that to some Big Event involving several
hijackings, at least. And I'd lay the blame quite equally on the FAA -
the communications TO FAA/Herndon appear to have pretty clear. It's
the decision process at Herndon HQ that appears to have been slow or
confused. It does not give the impression that they had ever planned
or drilled for multiple hijackings or anything similar.

Old June 18th 04, 06:52 PM
John S. Shinal

Robey Price wrote:

There is a painting of a Hooligans F-16 passing over the Pentagon just after
the impact. They are a great unit.

If you happen upon the photos of the pair of Hooligan F-16s over the
Pentagon, look at the Star & Bar on the right side of jet #006 very
closely...it's upside down.

If anyone EVER sees the picture of the US Flag flying at the
Pentagon taken minutes after the attack, please let me know. ABC
carried it briefly that evening, and I've never seen it since. It
shows the daylit flag with smoke and a corner of the Pentagon.

It's a shame it never became famous.

Old June 18th 04, 07:20 PM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, "George Z.
Bush" confessed the following:

Without trying to finger point, I find it a little embarrassing that our
military... hadn't gotten around to thinking outside the box enough
to deal with flying Boeing [757] jet fuel bombs.

I am neither embarrassed nor surprised. As an airline wienie this was
outside the box for us as well. We operated under a now defunct
approach called "the common strategy." Me personally...I thought I
would be safe from foreign terrorists flying a 757 domestically.

It now seems that there was a little advance notice about that kind
of attack developing. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, that "heads up"
warning from the spooks never got to the guys responsible for putting together
plans and procedures for dealing with such eventualities.

Can't argue with that. And not to be sarcastic, but how economical is
it to plan and train for threats "outside the box?" Simply from a
costs versus benefit POV?

In terms of deaths? http://tinyurl.com/2h4hv I understand the
emotional impact of 9/11, but I don't think we can spend to defend
against every horrific "out of the box" terrorist threat...or asteroid
collision...etc.

Robey
Old June 18th 04, 10:01 PM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, "George Z.
Bush" confessed the following:

Without trying to finger point...

George I forgot to include this URL in my previous response,
http://www.csicop.org/si/2002-09/9-11.htm

As a skeptic, this article resonates with my thinking.

Robey