WiFi "war flying"

Old May 1st 04, 02:01 AM
Ross Oliver

Default WiFi "war flying"

http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20040430/index.html

A Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee go on an aerial hunt for WiFi
access points over the L.A. basin. They find over 4500, and
and successfully run Netmeeting betewen the aircraft.

Old May 1st 04, 11:13 AM
Cub Driver

A Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee go on an aerial hunt for WiFi
access points over the L.A. basin. They find over 4500, and
and successfully run Netmeeting betewen the aircraft.

Wonderful! Thank you.

What altitude?

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! blog www.vivabush.org
Old May 1st 04, 01:01 PM
Jay Honeck

A Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee go on an aerial hunt for WiFi
access points over the L.A. basin. They find over 4500, and
and successfully run Netmeeting betewen the aircraft.

Why?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 1st 04, 03:24 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 01 May 2004 12:19:54 GMT, Brad Z wrote:

they're geeks.

geeks hardly use Netmeeting ...

*ooops*

#m

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
A Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee go on an aerial hunt for WiFi
access points over the L.A. basin. They find over 4500, and
and successfully run Netmeeting betewen the aircraft.

Why?

--
If John and Peter get together and take money from Paul at gunpoint,
we call it armed robbery. If two thousand voters get together
Old May 1st 04, 05:01 PM
Javier Henderson

"Jay Honeck" writes:

A Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee go on an aerial hunt for WiFi
access points over the L.A. basin. They find over 4500, and
and successfully run Netmeeting betewen the aircraft.

Why?

Because.

I tried using my iBook to access the Internet while flying, through a
Nokia 3600 phone (using Bluetooth between the computer and the phone,
and GPRS to access the Internet). Worked fine.

-jav
Old May 1st 04, 10:07 PM
Circuit Breaker

Ross Oliver wrote:

http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20040430/index.html

A Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee go on an aerial hunt for WiFi
access points over the L.A. basin. They find over 4500, and
and successfully run Netmeeting betewen the aircraft.

But how do they warchalk it? Signal smoke? ;-)

--
--x _x | CJ Chitwood
| | |_|___ _ _ ____x | Unregistered Linux User # 18,000,002
| |_| | , | | |\ \/ |
|____|_|_|_|___|/\_\ | Sink the ship to reply by e-mail
Old May 2nd 04, 01:24 AM
Rob Montgomery

"Brad Z" wrote in message news:KBMkc.3892$IG1.103939@attbi_s04...
they're geeks.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
A Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee go on an aerial hunt for WiFi
access points over the L.A. basin. They find over 4500, and
and successfully run Netmeeting betewen the aircraft.

Why?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

So they could argue about manly low wings vs. sissy high wings. Come on! :-)

-Rob
Old May 2nd 04, 03:47 AM
Harry M

A Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee go on an aerial hunt for WiFi
access points over the L.A. basin. They find over 4500, and
and successfully run Netmeeting betewen the aircraft.

Dorks.

They're lucky they didn't bump into each other.
-harry
Old May 2nd 04, 05:18 AM
Peter Duniho

"Harry M" wrote in message
om...
Dorks.

That's all you could come up with? Personally, I think it's kind of geeky,
but then I don't think "geek" is a dirty word either.

They're lucky they didn't bump into each other.

Why? They had someone in each plane to concentrate on flying, and at least
one other in each plane to concentrate on the laptop. Nothing in the
article said that they were not already trained in formation flying (to deal
with the 100 foot formation portion of the flight).

Pete