Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam

Old August 6th 04, 09:49 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Billy Preston" wrote in message
news:yHzQc.6611$ML1.4639@okepread01...
"Paul J. Adam" wrote

So quit the quasi-religious bull**** and explain why saving Iraqis is
sacred duty while saving Iranians, Sudanians, Zimbabweans, North Koreans
et al is "not official policy".

Each of those you listed, is our sworn enemy. They are free to point

their
swords at us, or their leadership, and they have chosen us.

Really ?

When precisely did Zimbabwe threaten the United States ?

Keith

Old August 6th 04, 12:42 PM
Peter Kemp

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:47:39 -0500, "Billy Preston"
wrote:

"Peter Kemp" wrote

Each of those you listed, is our sworn enemy. They are free to point their
swords at us, or their leadership, and they have chosen us.

And this differs to Iraq - how?

Kurds, Shiite's, Marsh Arabs, and Exiles.

KUrds are ****ed becasue they won't get autonomy, though they are
still not taking up arms about it.

Shiites are busy with an insurgency (have you seen the news over the
last few months) in Najaf, Sadr City and so on.

Marsh Arabs are shiites and were virtually wiped out 10 years ago (and
the marshes were drained), some of the survivors are joining the
shiite revolt in the south.

Exiles hardly count do they, or would you like such stauch allies as
Chalabi included amongst those in favour of the US (any more word on
his Iranian connections?).

Peter Kemp
Old September 9th 04, 01:13 AM
Mary Shafer

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:24:07 -0600, Ed Rasimus
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:35:10 -0700, Mary Shafer
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:36:59 -0600, Ed Rasimus
wrote:

The T-38 has been a great airplane for 42 years of training and with
the upgraded glass cockpit looks like it will be active in SUPT for
another 20 years at least.

I have a friend who went from F-18s and SR-71s to T-38s (Bs, I think)

That doesn't track. Was he on USN exchange? Was he flying "company"
SR-71? If he was USAF it isn't likely that he would have been flying
either, but then how did he get to T-38s? The only "B" models are
AT-38s, which are only flown by the SUPT fighter-leadin squadron. The
NASA, ATC/UPT Talons are all "A" models.

Actually, he started flying helos in the USN, converted to F-4s, and
was sent to Dryden as Navy Liaison Officer. He left the USN and hired
on at Dryden, where he flew the F-8 DFBW, the B-52, the F-104, the
F-18, the F-18 HARV, and the SR-71. He was flying the last three
before he transferred to JSC to be a support pilot flying T-38s.

I don't know what model the JSC T-38s are. I thought they were Bs,
but I'm apparently wrong. We had one for a while, but we had to give
it back or I could have checked.

with conventional cockpits. He sure missed the HUD at first. I don't
think he realized how much difference it made to him. I could have
told him, though, because having a HUD greatly improves my piloting,
so think of what it does for a real pilot.

Did the SR-71 get a HUD? Dunno what there would be to see out the
window.

No need. You don't fly the SR-71 head-up but on the instruments. The
crews say they rarely even look out the window except during takeoff
and landing. The RSOs don't even do that.

I was referring to the F-18s and their HUDs. We have both research
F-18s and support F-18s, so the test pilots get most of their time in
them.

Mary

Old September 9th 04, 05:29 AM
Murphy

I don't know what model the JSC T-38s are. I thought they were Bs,
but I'm apparently wrong. We had one for a while, but we had to give
it back or I could have checked.

T-38N, modified version of the A model.

Old September 10th 04, 06:26 AM
Mary Shafer

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 04:29:03 GMT, "Murphy" wrote:

I don't know what model the JSC T-38s are. I thought they were Bs,
but I'm apparently wrong. We had one for a while, but we had to give
it back or I could have checked.

T-38N, modified version of the A model.

And some of them were modified to chase the Shuttle back in the late
'70s, but not enough to make them into NT-38Ns, fortunately. We
didn't have to modify the F-104Ns and F-104Gs.

Mary

Old September 10th 04, 10:16 AM
Cub Driver

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 17:13:20 -0700, Mary Shafer
wrote:

No need. You don't fly the SR-71 head-up but on the instruments. The
crews say they rarely even look out the window except during takeoff
and landing.

How sad!

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
Expedition sailboat charters www.expeditionsail.com
Old September 11th 04, 03:14 AM
Mike Dargan

wrote:

No need. You don't fly the SR-71 head-up but on the instruments. The
crews say they rarely even look out the window except during takeoff
and landing.

How sad!

Aside from the curvature of the earth, what sort of sight seeing can you
do at 80,000'+?

Cheers

--mike

Old September 11th 04, 03:26 AM
Bob Coe

"Mike Dargan" wrote
Cub Driver wrote:
Mary Shafer wrote:

No need. You don't fly the SR-71 head-up but on the instruments. The
crews say they rarely even look out the window except during takeoff
and landing.

How sad!

Aside from the curvature of the earth, what sort of sight seeing can you do at 80,000'+?

I'd probably put-up the EMP shields on the windows to block the
cosmic and ionizing radiation.

http://www.healthycrew.org/crewexp.shtml

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve WalterM140 Military Aviation 196 June 14th 04 11:33 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM