OT. Weather in Salt lake City?

Old May 10th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default OT. Weather in Salt lake City?

Small question maybe OT....

I am going to Salt Lake City next week. What should I expect as
weather? Is it spring already? (down here its still summer, 27 Celcius
today an no rain)

--
Eduardo K. | Some say it's forgive and forget.
http://www.carfun.cl | I say forget about forgiving just accept.
Old May 10th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Lemme see.....the Weather Channel web page has a ten-day forecast. I believe
the Unisys page does too. Must be better sources than a newsgroup. You could
go to www.newslink.org and click on any city to check on its current and
forecast weather.

Bob Gardner

"Eduardo K." wrote in message

Small question maybe OT....

I am going to Salt Lake City next week. What should I expect as
weather? Is it spring already? (down here its still summer, 27 Celcius
today an no rain)

--
Eduardo K. | Some say it's forgive and forget.
http://www.carfun.cl | I say forget about forgiving just accept.
http://e.nn.cl | And get the hell out of town.
| Minnie Driver, Grosse Point
Blank

Old May 10th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
Bob Gardner wrote:
Lemme see.....the Weather Channel web page has a ten-day forecast. I believe
the Unisys page does too. Must be better sources than a newsgroup. You could
go to www.newslink.org and click on any city to check on its current and
forecast weather.

I know that. But a personal account is way better....

Old May 10th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

try
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_foreca...&county=utc035
You'll find current weather, forecasts and climatology.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
. ..
| Lemme see.....the Weather Channel web page has a ten-day
forecast. I believe
| the Unisys page does too. Must be better sources than a
newsgroup. You could
| go to www.newslink.org and click on any city to check on
its current and
| forecast weather.
|
| Bob Gardner
|
| "Eduardo K." wrote in
message

| Small question maybe OT....
|
| I am going to Salt Lake City next week. What should I
expect as
| weather? Is it spring already? (down here its still
summer, 27 Celcius
| today an no rain)
|

| --
| Eduardo K. | Some say it's forgive and forget.
| http://www.carfun.cl | I say forget about forgiving
just accept.
| http://e.nn.cl | And get the hell out of town.
| | Minnie
Driver, Grosse Point

Old May 11th 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Where in SLC are you going (airport), and are you planning on flying
around the area on vacation? or just in and out on business?

This is purely out of nosy interest, and not related to your request for
weather.

Dave

Old May 11th 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2006-05-10, Eduardo K wrote:

Small question maybe OT....

I am going to Salt Lake City next week. What should I expect as
weather? Is it spring already? (down here its still summer, 27 Celcius
today an no rain)

My personal experience of SLC weather this time of year is that it's
already getting hot enough during the day to make the climb rate suck
even more than usual in an 85 horsepower Cessna 140!

Old May 11th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article t,
Dave S wrote:
Where in SLC are you going (airport), and are you planning on flying
around the area on vacation? or just in and out on business?

This is purely out of nosy interest, and not related to your request for
weather.

I going to Provo for technical training. I would love to go flying, but
my licence is not valid in the US....

--
Eduardo K. | Darwin pone las reglas.
http://www.carfun.cl | Murphy, la oportunidad.
Old May 12th 06, 11:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2006-05-11, Eduardo K wrote:
I going to Provo for technical training. I would love to go flying, but
my licence is not valid in the US....

Go with an instructor then - that's the quickest and easiest way of
getting some air time. IIRC, there is a FSDO in SLC so you you may
be able to get a US license issued on the strength of your foreign one
(but start the process now).

SLC is a beautiful place to fly - even if you go with an instructor,
it'll be worth getting up at least for an hour or so.

Old May 12th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
On 2006-05-11, Eduardo K wrote:
I going to Provo for technical training. I would love to go flying, but
my licence is not valid in the US....

Go with an instructor then - that's the quickest and easiest way of
getting some air time. IIRC, there is a FSDO in SLC so you you may
be able to get a US license issued on the strength of your foreign one
(but start the process now).

SLC is a beautiful place to fly - even if you go with an instructor,
it'll be worth getting up at least for an hour or so.

I have not been able to get airplane time, but I am invited for a Hot Air
Baloon trip Friday!

Thats a first for me....

There is a small airport in Provo, so I will check that uppon arrival....

--
Eduardo K. |
http://www.carfun.cl | "World domination, now"
Old May 12th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I live in between SLC and Provo. This weekend we are expecting temps in the
low 80s with a shower or two. Night temps are in the mid to low 40s. This
time of year these temps are typical. There also seems to be occasional
afternoon clouds and, when they meet the mountains, thunder/lightning is not
unusual.

Hope this helps.

"Eduardo K." wrote in message

Small question maybe OT....

I am going to Salt Lake City next week. What should I expect as
weather? Is it spring already? (down here its still summer, 27 Celcius
today an no rain)

--
Eduardo K. | Some say it's forgive and forget.
http://www.carfun.cl | I say forget about forgiving just accept.
http://e.nn.cl | And get the hell out of town.
| Minnie Driver, Grosse Point
Blank