Sad day for Mxsmanic

Old March 5th 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Just go look it up!

Default *********A DEFENCE FOR MXMORAN***********

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:21:45 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

-b- writes:

Because they fell over on it. A well documented scenario in the real world.

Really? Incapacitated pilots who overcome a five-point harness and fall all
the way forward onto the yoke? Can you point me to some examples?

Except for the lap belt the rest of the 5 point harness is not
required except for takeoff, landing, and taxi. You don't sit in the
5 point harness for the entire flight. Falling forward onto the yoke
wouldn't be a big problem enroute.

For example of being unrestrained enroute would be the pilot who went
out the front window when it popped out due to improper maintenance:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C0A9669582 60

Back to my killbox. You still just don't even want to do any of your
own thought or research.
Old March 5th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

In article ,
Clark wrote:

What is up with these MSFS freaks? Why on Earth do they think a game is
anything like the real world? The only logical explanation is that they have
no experience in the real world...

That's certainly part of it. Another big part, I think, is an inability
to view the world in anything but black and white.

Take the fellow's recent statement that physical sensations are useless
when flying. His "proof" was simple: you can't fly if you close your
eyes, so the sensations must be useless.

This, of course, makes no sense. They can be useful without being so
useful that they're all you need. But he sees things in black and white,
yes or no, one or zero, nothing in between.

Then we have the simulator. Well, MSFS *is* realistic to some degree. It
*is* useful to some degree. People use it to practice IFR procedures and
the like. Applying the absolutist argument here, and you can see how
MSFS is 100% accurate for everything that matters and anything you get
in the real world that's not found in MSFS is pointless or stupid anyway.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old March 6th 09, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Clark writes:

So you admit your ignorance on the matter of autopilot disconnect.

No, I'm wondering which specific incident you have in mind.
Old March 6th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Clark writes:

So you admit your ignorance on the matter of autopilot disconnect.

No, I'm wondering which specific incident you have in mind.

In your case, you have your choice of many.

Old March 7th 09, 08:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Clark writes:

In other words you don't know which is a fundamental definition
of ignorance.

More like a defect in recall, since if there is a basis for it, I'm sure I've
read about it.

You claim to be good at research so figure it out. Try to actually learn
something for once. It'll do you good to admit ignorance and correct the
condition.

Given what I usually read here and how unreliable it tends to be, I'll just
assume that it's baseless unless you can provide some sort of reference.
Old March 8th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Mar 7, 2:07*pm, Clark wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote :

Clark writes:

In other words you don't know which is a fundamental definition
of ignorance.

More like a defect in recall, since if there is a basis for it, I'm sure
I've read about it.

Now you claim defective recall. Wow. Well, it's a start. Keep working on
naming your defects and maybe things will get better for you.

You claim to be good at research so figure it out. Try to actually
learn something for once. It'll do you good to admit ignorance and
correct the condition.

Given what I usually read here and how unreliable it tends to be, I'll
just assume that it's baseless unless you can provide some sort of
reference.

Good luck little boy. Keep on kiddin' yourself that you know something based
on your toy.

--
---
there should be a "sig" here

I had this thought: wouldn't it be nice when flying a tail dragger to
be able to "turn off the nose"?. Talk about real world v sim, huh?
Old March 8th 09, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

a writes:

I had this thought: wouldn't it be nice when flying a tail dragger to
be able to "turn off the nose"?

As I've pointed out before, there are clear advantages to simulation,
otherwise it wouldn't be so popular.
Old March 8th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
a writes:

I had this thought: wouldn't it be nice when flying a tail dragger to
be able to "turn off the nose"?

As I've pointed out before, there are clear advantages to simulation,
otherwise it wouldn't be so popular.

Yeah, like you never have to leave you mother's basement.

Old March 8th 09, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ibby

Yeah, but you can't seem to see a lot of things, like reality for openers.

I'm sorry but that is just a bloody stupid reply so please try to grow
up this thread is full of childish etiquette. ANY real life
commercial aircraft has a VERY LOUD audible ALARM when the Autopilot
is disengaged (as well as a flashing red master caution switch) either
via the control bar on the MCP panel, the switch on the yoke or by
moving the control column excessively as in the case of an emergency.
The entire crew on the flight deck WOULD hear it. My comments have
NOTHING what so ever to do with using a flight sim they ARE based on
what DOES happen in a 737 and 747 for a start and sure the same on any
Airbus as well.

Ibby
Old March 9th 09, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ibby

What is up with these MSFS freaks? Why on Earth do they think a game is
anything like the real world? The only logical explanation is that they have
no experience in the real world...

--
---
there should be a "sig" here

As I have said my comments have absolutely NOTHING to do with a sim.
BOEING's autopilot system HAS and ALWAYS HAS given a warning sound and
very loudly when the autopilot system is disconnected.

This flight deck video is on a REAL 747, not a sim or game but
reality. At 4min 58seconds the autopilot IS disconnected and you
cannot miss the alarm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl-TW...eature=channel

Even your basic autopilot system on a Cessna gives a warning alarm

Ibby

Apology re mxsmanic terry Piloting 96 February 16th 08 05:17 PM
Mxsmanic : Your results are in Mayo Clinic Piloting 13 May 24th 07 02:01 PM
I saw Mxsmanic on TV Clear Prop Piloting 8 February 14th 07 01:18 AM
Mxsmanic gwengler Piloting 30 January 11th 07 03:42 AM
Getting rid of MXSMANIC [email protected] Piloting 33 December 8th 06 11:26 PM