Info on using Win Pilot and the Volkslogger

Old August 22nd 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Info on using Win Pilot and the Volkslogger

Did you figured out how to clear a task from VL using WP without having
to declare a new task? All my flights keep showing the last declared
task...

Thanks,

Ramy

David Neptune wrote:
Recently I have put significant effort into understanding the basics of how
to construct a "task" with the WP and downloading it into the VL. Frankly,
without lucid and user-friendly instructions I found it virtually impossible
to understand. I have spend significant time finally understanding and
typing out my results for others to use. I flew with it several times last
week and bingo! It worked as it is supposed to.

I am happy to email the information (in Word format) to anyone who would
like to use what I have done. I believe I have made the instructions clear
for the non-guru, but for the benefit of all of us could use some feedback
and if warranted I'll update. I still have a few minor questions I cannot
resolve, but nothing that should cause a problem with the basic setup.

Just send me an email at and I'll send the information
off to you.

Please help me (and others) with suggestions.

Neptune
Mile High Gliding
Boulder, Colorado

Old August 23rd 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stewart Kissel

Frankly,
without lucid and user-friendly instructions I found
it virtually impossible
to understand.

Clone yourself, then contact Cambridge.

Old August 23rd 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]

David,

The procedure is actually very simply but confusing if you have not
done it before. A phone call to me probalby would have saved you a lot
of time. Any additional questions please call

Richard
Craggy Aero (WinPilot & Volkslogger dealer)
www.craggyaero.com

Old August 23rd 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Stewart Kissel wrote:
Clone yourself, then contact Cambridge.

With which product are you having problems?

-Tom

Old August 23rd 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stephanevdv

Ramy schreef:

Did you figured out how to clear a task from VL using WP without having
to declare a new task? All my flights keep showing the last declared
task...

You make up a task without turnpoints, just with a start and a landing
point (your airfield), in WP, activate it in WP, and transfer it to VL.

Or you can easily clear the task directly on the VL:
navfaitaskeditnumber of turnpointsclear. That way, you also keep
the start and landing points of the last task. You can delete them
separately.