Participated in my first NASA GA research project (long)

Old October 22nd 04, 05:21 AM
John T

"Newps" wrote in message

What would be the purpose of a panel shot? Instrument training?

Pretty much. I was interested in reviewing my performance on a few
approaches.

would like to get a very small camera and remote mount it. A camera
on the top of the tail would be ideal, just like on the Discovery
Wings channel program where that woman learns to fly. Or a camera
mounted on the belly a few feet behind the main wheels would be
really cool. You could mount it to an inspection cover for quick
removal. If anybody knows of a small, light camera post a link.

I've looked into the same type of thing. Google for "bullet camera" and
"helmet camera" for an idea of styles/prices. The only downside is the need
for another recorder (pretty much another camera) that drives the total cost
of the project up significantly.

On the up side, several of the cameras you can find have the capability of
being mounted on your headphones or clipped on your hat. Others, like a
couple models at www.helmetcamera.com look like they'd be easily mounted on
an access panel. That would make for some interesting picture-in-picture
collections.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old October 22nd 04, 05:23 AM
John T

"Jose" wrote in message

Just put an ND filter over the top part of the lens, and it will dim
the view out the window without altering the view of the instruments.

I've thought of that, but the contrast is *really* high and I'm not sure the
ND filter would do the trick. On top of that, my camera takes an unusual
size filter (not impossible to find, but just harder) and finding a half
filter in my size has proven difficult.

Frankly, it just hasn't been that important to me.

Old October 22nd 04, 05:59 PM
Jon Woellhaf

Google for graduated neutral density filter

"Jose" wrote in message
m...
To get a good look at the
panel and also of whatever is outside is extremely difficult for the
camera. That's a shot with lots of backlighting.

Just put an ND filter over the top part of the lens, and it will dim the

view out the window without altering the view of the instruments.

Jose