busted

Old May 12th 05, 03:05 PM
Charlie Derk

The irony in all this is that they had him land at KFDK - home of AOPA.
Do you think AOPA's legal council met the pilots out on the tarmac?
Charlie

wrote:
Just heard that a small aircraft busted the DC prohibited are, and
they evacuated the White House and Capitol Building.

Some poor ******* ain't going to be aviating for a while.

Old May 12th 05, 03:17 PM
Ron Natalie

Charlie Derk wrote:
The irony in all this is that they had him land at KFDK - home of AOPA.
Do you think AOPA's legal council met the pilots out on the tarmac?

Phil Boyer popped out and made himself available to any press that was
willing to listen.
Old May 12th 05, 08:02 PM
Scott Moore

Ron Natalie wrote:
Charlie Derk wrote:

The irony in all this is that they had him land at KFDK - home of AOPA.
Do you think AOPA's legal council met the pilots out on the tarmac?

Phil Boyer popped out and made himself available to any press that was
willing to listen.

You gotta love Phil, he is a great (and underappreciated) guy.

Old May 12th 05, 08:29 PM

On Thu, 12 May 2005 12:01:37 -0700, Scott Moore
wrote:

I personally suspect the major reason cessnas like this NOT being shot
down is the obvious damage of falling debris, plus they would probally
figgure that even a plane loaded with explosives would do more damage
if shot than not. Then there is the possibility the rocket would miss
and hit the ground (bullets would be even worse - I think the rockets
can at least be programmed to explode only on the target, not the ground).
Fighter aircraft, bullets and rockets were never designed to do
low damage battle over the capitol.

Then there is the obvious possibility that you wouls simply shoot two
innocent American citizens out of the sky. I'm guessing both these
ninnies voted for Bush, and it would have been a shame to incinerate
two guys who supported his presidency.

Old May 16th 05, 07:59 PM
joe

Maule Driver wrote:
It doesn't take much to generate a violation. Gotta be an idiot to
scramble fighters.

Flew into KentMorr and cut the corner exiting the airspace to the

east
(i.e. started my turn south onto the airway before *completely*

clearing
the ADIZ). "call us when you land".

What happened to the new warning lights?

buttman wrote:
I heard that on the radio too. I just did a flight to baltimore

(MTN) a
few days ago, and I was afraid that would happen to me.

Whats the problem? Did you start squawking 1200? there is no
requirement for you th exit the ADIZ unless of course your xponder
stopped working.

Old May 16th 05, 09:42 PM
Stan Gosnell

Maule Driver wrote in news:ajsge.22624
:

It doesn't take much to generate a violation. Gotta be an idiot to
scramble fighters.

No, that's easy enough to do in some areas. I've had fighters scrambled
on me. I was flying a helicopter in the Gulf of Mexico, inbound,
squawking our normal code, but the transponder had glitched internally,
and was not squawking the code set in the windows. I had no way of
knowing this, though, and the first I knew of it an F16 was trying to fly
formation on my Bell 206, doing all of 90 knots or so. This was 10 years
or so ago, and I wasn't violated, just had to call after I landed on an
offshore platform and explain that I had the right code in the
transponder. I then called and got a replacement helicopter sent out,
and the one I had been flying was taken in for a transponder replacement.

I also had a USN P3 AWACS plane come down and take a look at me, although
I hadn't penetrated the ADIZ, having only been a few miles offshore, and
I was just flying along the beach.

Sometimes the USAF reserve pilots just need some flight time, and they
might scramble when it's not really necessary, although that's probably
less likely nowadays.

--
Regards,

Stan

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin
Old May 17th 05, 04:10 AM
Roger

On Wed, 11 May 2005 20:52:46 -0700, Antoņio
wrote:

Jay Beckman wrote:
"Antoņio" wrote in message

Peter Clark wrote:

On Wed, 11 May 2005 16:30:31 GMT, wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7817210/

Anyone care to tell me what exactly this paragraph from the article means?
:

"...The officials explained that, under strict rules of engagement, there
is no situation under which the pilots would be given “authorization” to
shoot down a plane, a scenario that would give pilots some discretion.
According to the officials Air Force pilots in these cases are either
ordered to shoot down the plane or not, and in this case they were not..."

Antonio

Note the comma after the word "plane".

Paraphrasing:
Under strict rules of engagement, there is no situation under which
the pilots would be given authorization to shoot down a plane. That
would be a scenario that would give the pilots some discretion.

Under strict rules of engagement the pilots are not given any
discretion. They *must* receive orders to shoot down the plane before
than may do so. They are not given the option of making that
decision. Authorization means they *may*, or may not at their
discretion.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old May 17th 05, 05:18 AM
Jay Beckman

"Roger" wrote in message
news

Note the comma after the word "plane".

Paraphrasing:
Under strict rules of engagement, there is no situation under which
the pilots would be given authorization to shoot down a plane. That
would be a scenario that would give the pilots some discretion.

Under strict rules of engagement the pilots are not given any
discretion. They *must* receive orders to shoot down the plane before
than may do so. They are not given the option of making that
decision. Authorization means they *may*, or may not at their
discretion.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Now that you mention it Roger, reading it with a more noticeable pause gives
it a slightly different bent. Interesting.

Jay B

Busted TFR Bela P. Havasreti Piloting 6 June 22nd 04 03:46 PM
Busted IFR Checkride Jon Kraus Instrument Flight Rules 77 May 4th 04 02:31 PM
Who's busted? Dan Luke Piloting 24 March 22nd 04 08:10 PM
rec.aviation.questions is busted Dan Jacobson General Aviation 2 November 18th 03 05:39 PM
Help - I busted into the Class B SEATAC airspace last night, does anyone have any advice ? steve mew Piloting 38 October 28th 03 06:08 PM