1-26 Sweepstakes

Old January 29th 04, 11:44 PM
Mhudson126

Default 1-26 Sweepstakes

The 1-26 sweepstakes is a contest set up by the association in order to
encourage cross country flights in the 1-26. It ranges from beginners (Bronze
class) to experts holding a Gold badge or higher (Gold class). Here are the
winners for this year. You can find the rules and info on
www.126associaion.org

Let me start off with this number; 9,704. This is the total amount of miles
flown by Sweepstakes participants this year! HOLY COW FOLKS!!! Now for some
more numbers. There was a total of 20 participants this year who accomplished
this. For the first time in Sweepstakes history, there will be an award giving
out for EVERY CATEGORY in EVERY REGION, except for Eastern Gold. (Schwartz,
Vickland, you guys are on my S**t list for ruining what could have been a
perfect record!)
I would like to thank all of you who participated this year. It has
really shown what the 1-26 can do. I see a lot of new names on the following
list that I haven't seen before, which is fantastic! I hope that we can make
it even bigger and better next year! I will be stepping down as Sheriff next
year and letting Norm Miller have a crack at it, as I will be busy preparing
for the '05 championships, but will still be involved with the sweeps in a very
active way. (So don't think you can escape if you don't submit your flights!)
Once again, thank you all for making this such a great year. Now, without
further ado, here are the results. I have included everyone who participated
as there are no losers in the Sweepstakes, there are just some who don't get a
trophy! For those who did not, I promisee you they had a heck of a lot of fun
in the process.
-Sheriff
WEST

Gold
Doug Levy 1,408.2
Garry Dixon 1,216.38
George Powell 853.6
Bob Hurni 360.0
Bob Spielman 251.4
L Dave Cunningham 192
Del Bloomquist 64.70

Silver
Mitch Hudson 34.1 Miles

Bronze
Mike Wills 863.00

CENTRAL

Gold
Jim Hard 1,018.01
Charles Shaw 812.05
Jo Shaw 789.41
Kevin Ford 280.03

Silver
Norm Miller 317.4
Mitch Hudson 297.5
Dan Bryan 45.94

Bronze
Tom Barkow 370.1 miles
Neal Palmquist 361.7 miles

EAST

Gold
You bunch of slackers! No flights reported.

Silver
Kevin Anderson 123.5

Bronze
Dave Piotrowski 51.6
Matt Harris 43.2

Old January 30th 04, 02:10 AM
Gary Boggs

You forgot the "t" in your link. Here it is corrected:
http://www.126association.org/frames.htm
--
Gary Boggs
3650 Airport Dr.