Walton probable cause

Old December 14th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

Default Walton probable cause

I just recieved the notification of the NTSB's probable cause findings you can
read it at

http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?e...05X00921&key=1

Chuck S

Old December 17th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Blueskies

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message ...
:
: I just recieved the notification of the NTSB's probable cause findings you can
: read it at
:
: http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?e...05X00921&key=1
:
: Chuck S
:

Make sure you are right....then go on...

Old December 18th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

I just recieved the notification of the NTSB's probable cause findings you
can
read it at

http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?e...05X00921&key=1

Chuck S

I don't feel that I have any expert qualification of any kind. However,
since the Walton crash is one of those events which continue to receive at
least passing mention at chapter gatherings and other hangar flying
sessions; and after again reviewing the report, including the "additional
information" section, I think that there is some unstated advice that all of
us can take away--and it is the following:

The simplest and most forgiving aircraft which you fly deserves the same
care, attention to detail, and adherence to standards and procedures--in
both its maintenance and its operation--as the hottest and most complex
aircraft which you fly!

I intend to adhere strictly to the advice above.

Peter

Old December 18th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Peter Dohm says...

[...]

Good Idea Pete. The best advice I hope people take from this is talk to the
factory about any repairs ,changes or modifications being done to the plane.

My purpose for posting this is to end speculation as to what happened and for
people to learn from it. My prayers still go out to the Waltons.

Chuck S

Old December 19th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

As long as the report says " Probable" cause, speculation is the ONLY
facts you recieve from either side. Still, I am sure Chuck has a well
thought out design and his planes have flown alot of hours without an
issue.

Godspeed John.........

In article , Peter Dohm says...