A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Glider Accident In Labelle, Fl.?

Old April 18th 18, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Glider Accident In Labelle, Fl.?

My best friend from college, and throughout my adult life has been Tom’s eldest son, Jon. We are both pilots and I met Mr. Tom Irlbeck a few times in my life. With those brief encounters he left a lasting impression with me. When I was much younger he had no particular reason to take the time to talk and listen to me, but he did. That type of caring, from someone you have met only met a few times, is maybe something this world needs more of.

He and Jon have helped me along with advice throughout my career, including a recommendation to fly for Continental Airlines. The tragic news of this accident, is so incredibly sad for me. I am sure he is looking down from Heaven at us all, and someday we can all meet him again.

An address to send flowers and condolences would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Eric Reid

Old April 19th 18, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 10:00:43 PM UTC-5, wrote:
My best friend from college, and throughout my adult life has been Tom’s eldest son, Jon. We are both pilots and I met Mr. Tom Irlbeck a few times in my life. With those brief encounters he left a lasting impression with me. When I was much younger he had no particular reason to take the time to talk and listen to me, but he did. That type of caring, from someone you have met only met a few times, is maybe something this world needs more of.

He and Jon have helped me along with advice throughout my career, including a recommendation to fly for Continental Airlines. The tragic news of this accident, is so incredibly sad for me. I am sure he is looking down from Heaven at us all, and someday we can all meet him again.

Regards,
Eric Reid

Hello all: Tom was a good friend of mine and a large part of our local RV aircraft builders club. Here is his obit just posted:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nat...88&mid=7824321

Doug Weiler, pres, Twin Cities RV Builders Group
Hudson, WI
Old April 20th 18, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 6:32:02 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 10:00:43 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Regards,
Eric Reid

Hello all: Tom was a good friend of mine and a large part of our local RV aircraft builders club. Here is his obit just posted:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nat...88&mid=7824321

Doug Weiler, pres, Twin Cities RV Builders Group
Hudson, WI

AFAIK, I never met Tom, but after reading the obit, I have the strong feeling that I would have liked him instantly. God speed, Tom.

Tom