Glider Accident In Labelle, Fl.?

Old April 18th 18, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider Accident In Labelle, Fl.?

My best friend from college, and throughout my adult life has been Tom’s eldest son, Jon. We are both pilots and I met Mr. Tom Irlbeck a few times in my life. With those brief encounters he left a lasting impression with me. When I was much younger he had no particular reason to take the time to talk and listen to me, but he did. That type of caring, from someone you have met only met a few times, is maybe something this world needs more of.

He and Jon have helped me along with advice throughout my career, including a recommendation to fly for Continental Airlines. The tragic news of this accident, is so incredibly sad for me. I am sure he is looking down from Heaven at us all, and someday we can all meet him again.

An address to send flowers and condolences would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Eric Reid

Old April 19th 18, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 10:00:43 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Hello all: Tom was a good friend of mine and a large part of our local RV aircraft builders club. Here is his obit just posted:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nat...88&mid=7824321

Doug Weiler, pres, Twin Cities RV Builders Group
Hudson, WI
Old April 20th 18, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

[...]

AFAIK, I never met Tom, but after reading the obit, I have the strong feeling that I would have liked him instantly. God speed, Tom.

Tom

Glider accident in Reno GM Soaring 1 April 16th 15 07:32 PM
Glider Accident and Fatality in Utah Renny[_2_] Soaring 1 July 15th 14 03:05 AM
Jacumba Glider Accident Sat June 29? [email protected] Soaring 11 July 3rd 13 05:51 AM
Labelle control surface weights Martin Eiler Soaring 1 April 28th 07 12:32 AM
Glider accident near San Antonio Duster Soaring 0 June 26th 06 08:43 PM