WTB: 135 Ticket

Old May 24th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default WTB: 135 Ticket

I am in the market for a 135 operation. I am finding out that going
through the FAA would take about a year and I don't have the time to
wait that long. If anybody has one for sale or knows someone that is
thinking about selling it, let me know.

Thanks
Aaron
Old May 24th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default 135 Ticket

More than just a year.... I know of one local FBO that recently got their
135 cert after originally applying over 3 years ago. Even with the boiler
plate procedure manuals and a chief pilot currently working part 135, the
FSDO inspectors put them on the "rewrite required" carousel time after time
and the re-inspections took months to reschedule. If I didn't know better,
it appeared as if they were attempting to wear them down to the point that
they'd withdraw their application.
Jim

Old May 24th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"AML" wrote in message
I am in the market for a 135 operation. I am finding out that going
through the FAA would take about a year and I don't have the time to
wait that long. If anybody has one for sale or knows someone that is
thinking about selling it, let me know.

Thanks
Aaron

That is what has been my understanding. The FAA does not want to give
out anymore 135 tickets, so instead we are just going to buy one. We
were looking into getting a 414 and now are looking into a Seneca III. A
pretty big difference, but it is cheaper to start out in. I don't know
much about Senecas so I am busy familiarizing myself with them.
Old May 24th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:05:37 GMT, AML
wrote:

"AML" wrote in message
I am in the market for a 135 operation. I am finding out that going
through the FAA would take about a year and I don't have the time to
wait that long. If anybody has one for sale or knows someone that is
thinking about selling it, let me know.

Thanks
Aaron

That is what has been my understanding. The FAA does not want to give
out anymore 135 tickets, so instead we are just going to buy one. We
were looking into getting a 414 and now are looking into a Seneca III. A
pretty big difference, but it is cheaper to start out in. I don't know
much about Senecas so I am busy familiarizing myself with them.

Would you not still have all the same issues with having to write the
required opspecs for the specific aircraft you want to attach 135 to?
Old May 24th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

New owner, new certificate... new airplanes,

Old rule of thumb, if you want to make a small fortune in
aviation, start with a large fortune.

Old May 24th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
Peter Clark wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:05:37 GMT, AML
wrote:

"AML" wrote in message
I am in the market for a 135 operation. I am finding out that going
through the FAA would take about a year and I don't have the time to
wait that long. If anybody has one for sale or knows someone that is
thinking about selling it, let me know.

Thanks
Aaron

That is what has been my understanding. The FAA does not want to give
out anymore 135 tickets, so instead we are just going to buy one. We
were looking into getting a 414 and now are looking into a Seneca III. A
pretty big difference, but it is cheaper to start out in. I don't know
much about Senecas so I am busy familiarizing myself with them.

Would you not still have all the same issues with having to write the
required opspecs for the specific aircraft you want to attach 135 to?

We are looking for a plane that already has a 135 ticket on it. Sorry, I
should been a little more specific.
Old May 24th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

It is not the airplane, it is the owner/operator who is
certificated. Since you don't seem to understand FAR 135,
the FAA will be more careful in reviewing and approving your
application. What is it that you want to do, carry the
general public, transport prisoners, fly cargo?

Old May 24th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Sounds like you are going to have a rough time.

The "certificate holder" has the certificate....not the airplane.

Sounds like pie in the sky to me. It is difficult just to get in the front
door of the FSDO these days.

Good luck and I hope you have a lot of time and money!

Karl
ATP, CFI, ex-chief pilot, director of operations.... PT135, ETC
"Curator" N185KG
Top Poster, and proud of it!

"AML" wrote in message
In article ,
Peter Clark wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:05:37 GMT, AML

Old May 24th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"karl gruber" wrote in message
snip
It is difficult just to get in the front
door of the FSDO these days.

That made me laugh.

The last time I was at our local FSDO, they had just remodeled it, complete
with the latest TSA security measures. I had to talk to the receptionist
through a hole in a window, then press a button, then she pressed a button
and it was supposed to unlock the door so I could get in. Must have been a
big learning curve to the button system, took us about 5 times to make it
happen.

Then on the way out, she had to do the same thing. I was in the same room,
on the same side of the door as her, and she had to push a button to let me
out... weird... I asked her who would push the button if the building was on
fire...

So, you're right, it's hard to get in and out of the FSDO's front door these
days.

Jim

Old May 24th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Not often. You arrange to lease an airplane, hire a
qualified director of operation and chief pilot and contract
for maintenance. You all sit down and write your ops manual
and have it reviewed by the FAA. The FAA will approve the
paperwork and inspect you physical equipment, including
office space, airplanes and HR department. You will train
pilots who will take check rides every 6 month with the FAA
until you have qualified a check-airman for your company.

There are consultants who will help with the start-up, for a
fee. You'll need to have at least full-time use of one
airplane, but may have more. Each airplane must be properly
equipped and inspected. You will need lots of money to
start.

It can take 6 months to 2 years to get the first paying
passenger. You need to hire qualified staff and an aviation
attorney.

,
| | Peter Clark
| wrote:
| |
| | On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:05:37 GMT, AML
|
| | wrote:
| |
| | In article ,
| | "Jim Burns"
wrote:
| |
| | More than just a year.... I know of one local FBO
| that recently got their
| | 135 cert after originally applying over 3 years
ago.
| Even with the boiler
| | plate procedure manuals and a chief pilot
currently
| working part 135, the
| | FSDO inspectors put them on the "rewrite
required"
| carousel time after time
| | and the re-inspections took months to reschedule.
If
| I didn't know better,
| | it appeared as if they were attempting to wear
them
| down to the point that
| | they'd withdraw their application.
| | Jim
| |
| | "AML" wrote in
message
| |

| | I am in the market for a 135 operation. I am
| finding out that going
| | through the FAA would take about a year and I
don't
| have the time to
| | wait that long. If anybody has one for sale or
| knows someone that is
| | thinking about selling it, let me know.
| |
| | Thanks
| | Aaron
| |
| |
| |
| | That is what has been my understanding. The FAA
does
| not want to give
| | out anymore 135 tickets, so instead we are just
going
| to buy one. We
| | were looking into getting a 414 and now are looking
| into a Seneca III. A
| | pretty big difference, but it is cheaper to start
out
| in. I don't know
| | much about Senecas so I am busy familiarizing
myself
| with them.
| |
| | Would you not still have all the same issues with
having
| to write the
| | required opspecs for the specific aircraft you want
| attach 135 to?
| |
| | We are looking for a plane that already has a 135
ticket
| on it. Sorry, I
| | should been a little more specific.
|

| We plan on flying passengers.
|
| I will be the first to admit that I do not know much about
135, but I
| need to start somewhere. I am reading the application
process from the
| FAA and it is pretty lengthy.
|
| Let me ask, do people buy a 135 operation, tweak the
specs, get it