F-15J Replacement

Old April 27th 04, 01:00 AM
Prowlus

Default F-15J Replacement

Whatever happened to the JASDF's proposal to develop a next generation
medium range combat aircraft to replace the F-15J ?
I remember someone calling that programmed the FI-X or something in a
aviation mag
Old April 27th 04, 04:20 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Prowlus" wrote in message
om...
Whatever happened to the JASDF's proposal to develop a next generation
medium range combat aircraft to replace the F-15J ?
I remember someone calling that programmed the FI-X or something in a
aviation mag

You are not confusing this with the ongoing F-2 program, are you? The F-2 is
in production and entering operational service, though to the best of my
knowledge it is not planned to be used as an F-15 replacement (instead
replacing the F-1 and remaining F-4's).

Brooks

Old April 27th 04, 09:58 AM
Scott Ferrin

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:20:58 -0400, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

"Prowlus" wrote in message
. com...
Whatever happened to the JASDF's proposal to develop a next generation
medium range combat aircraft to replace the F-15J ?
I remember someone calling that programmed the FI-X or something in a
aviation mag

You are not confusing this with the ongoing F-2 program, are you?

Unlikely since the F-2 was never intended to replace the F-15Js.
Old April 27th 04, 02:00 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:20:58 -0400, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

"Prowlus" wrote in message
. com...
Whatever happened to the JASDF's proposal to develop a next generation
medium range combat aircraft to replace the F-15J ?
I remember someone calling that programmed the FI-X or something in a
aviation mag

You are not confusing this with the ongoing F-2 program, are you?

Unlikely since the F-2 was never intended to replace the F-15Js.

Gee, Scott, you must have missed that next sentence that included,
"...though to the best of my
knowledge it is not planned to be used as an F-15 replacement (instead
replacing the F-1 and remaining F-4's)", eh?

Brooks

Old April 27th 04, 08:33 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:00:27 -0400, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:20:58 -0400, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

"Prowlus" wrote in message
. com...
Whatever happened to the JASDF's proposal to develop a next generation
medium range combat aircraft to replace the F-15J ?
I remember someone calling that programmed the FI-X or something in a
aviation mag

You are not confusing this with the ongoing F-2 program, are you?

Unlikely since the F-2 was never intended to replace the F-15Js.

Gee, Scott, you must have missed that next sentence that included,
"...though to the best of my
knowledge it is not planned to be used as an F-15 replacement (instead
replacing the F-1 and remaining F-4's)", eh?

No I saw it.
Old April 27th 04, 08:38 PM
Tarver Engineering

wrote:

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:20:58 -0400, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

"Prowlus" wrote in message
. com...
Whatever happened to the JASDF's proposal to develop a next

generation
medium range combat aircraft to replace the F-15J ?
I remember someone calling that programmed the FI-X or something in

aviation mag

You are not confusing this with the ongoing F-2 program, are you?

Unlikely since the F-2 was never intended to replace the F-15Js.

Gee, Scott, you must have missed that next sentence that included,
"...though to the best of my
knowledge it is not planned to be used as an F-15 replacement (instead
replacing the F-1 and remaining F-4's)", eh?

No I saw it.

Come on Ferrin, if Kevin can stop being an ass you can too.

Old April 27th 04, 08:56 PM
Kevin Brooks

wrote:

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:20:58 -0400, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

"Prowlus" wrote in message
. com...
Whatever happened to the JASDF's proposal to develop a next

generation
medium range combat aircraft to replace the F-15J ?
I remember someone calling that programmed the FI-X or something in

aviation mag

You are not confusing this with the ongoing F-2 program, are you?

Unlikely since the F-2 was never intended to replace the F-15Js.

Gee, Scott, you must have missed that next sentence that included,
"...though to the best of my
knowledge it is not planned to be used as an F-15 replacement (instead
replacing the F-1 and remaining F-4's)", eh?

No I saw it.

Gee, that's odd...

Brooks

Old April 28th 04, 01:29 AM
Prowlus

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message ...

You are not confusing this with the ongoing F-2 program, are you? The F-2 is
in production and entering operational service, though to the best of my
knowledge it is not planned to be used as an F-15 replacement (instead
replacing the F-1 and remaining F-4's).

Brooks

I'm not confusing the FS-X Program with the FI-X I've known about the
F2 when it was still known as the SX-3 and had big canards sticking
out of its intake I'd like to known if this other programmed the FI-X
is still going on as a medium sized combat aircraft to replace the
F-15J
Old April 28th 04, 02:16 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Prowlus" wrote in message
m...
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

You are not confusing this with the ongoing F-2 program, are you? The

F-2 is
in production and entering operational service, though to the best of my
knowledge it is not planned to be used as an F-15 replacement (instead
replacing the F-1 and remaining F-4's).

Brooks

I'm not confusing the FS-X Program with the FI-X I've known about the
F2 when it was still known as the SX-3 and had big canards sticking
out of its intake I'd like to known if this other programmed the FI-X
is still going on as a medium sized combat aircraft to replace the
F-15J

Well, being as the F-2 appears to be the only ongoing active new fighter
program the Japanese are currently pursuing, I'd guess the answer is "no".

Brooks