50 shades of grey glider, whose glider is that in the movie trailer

Old July 26th 14, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default 50 shades of grey glider, whose glider is that in the movie trailer

On Saturday, July 26, 2014 3:23:44 PM UTC-4, Charlie Papa wrote:

How can we capitalize on this?

Smile discretely from under your bucket hat, take off your aviator sunglasses and squint your best 'bedroom eyes'.

Thanks to this movie, people will finally 'get it', that money, sex, and soaring are three sides of the same coin.
Old July 26th 14, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Thanks to this movie, people will finally 'get it', that money, sex, and soaring are three sides of the same coin.

and summed up in 1 word: Privileged

Brad
Old July 27th 14, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Van Henson

Well, I adore the soaring, but I'm shelling out lots of money, gathering none in return, and not getting so much as a sniff of the sex, so either I'm doing it wrong or that's a strange three-sided coin.
Old July 27th 14, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]

Gotta learn to flip it so it lands on the side ;-)
Old July 27th 14, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult[_2_]

On 2014-07-26 19:23:44 +0000, Charlie Papa said:

Why do I know this? My club, York Soaring Association sold the
production company a Gob Twin Astir wreck, which has been used, mounted
on an armature in front of a chroma screen, to double for the DG 1000
in the close-up shots.

Pfft. As if there's anyone who won't instantly recognize the difference
between a Twin Astir cockpit and panel and a DG1000 one!!!

Did they change the canopy hinge to the left side like they did on the
Duo in Thomas Crown?

And, yes, while it's nice to see soaring in feature films, I don' t
know if it helps that it's always a mega rich and powerful prick who is
doing it!

As I tweeted yesterday:

https://twitter.com/BruceHoult/statu...41215905034242
https://twitter.com/BruceHoult/statu...41680378056704
https://twitter.com/BruceHoult/statu...42691775770624

50 Shades of Grey trailer briefly features a DG1000 glider, same as I
fly/teach in. Thomas Crown flew a Duo Discus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjWrXLhYg7Q#t=95s

While it's nice to occasionally see them as playthings of the rich &
powerful, the reality is my first instructor was literally a butcher.

Our club has all types: farmers, electricians, plumbers, cops, IT,
accountants, engineers. And a few unemployed & retired.

Btw, I'm also trying tweeting some pics from races I'm doing online in
Condor. Got some comments...

Cruising up the Ben Ohau range/Dobson valley:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtdsH92CMAAXdwl.jpg:large

On final glide from Cass back to Omarama:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtdtJaYCYAAHMh9.jpg:large

Old July 27th 14, 10:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 16:00:47 +1200, Bruce Hoult wrote:

And, yes, while it's nice to see soaring in feature films, I don' t know
if it helps that it's always a mega rich and powerful prick who is doing
it!

I can't help thinking that an episode of "The Dukes of Hazard" with the
boys racing beat-up 1-26s would be a hell or a lot more fun and,
probably, more realistic as well.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old October 11th 14, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi: I came across your info while searching for glider info from the FSOG movie. I have a FSOG website and I have been searching the filming locations and information. Would you be willing to share information about the glider used in the trailer? Its really interesting that they used it from the books. I am still looking for the location they filmed the scenes at near Vancouver BC. Thanks for any help.

Lisa Fish

50shadesgirlportland.com
Old October 11th 14, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

hmmm, the tow plane and glider came from Washington, the scenery was BC.............what are you looking for?

GK
Old October 14th 14, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WB

Wow! Just watched the trailer for FSOG. My life is just like that! Well, except with a 48 year old Libelle instead of a DG 1000.
Old October 15th 14, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Funny you should mention it. I swear I once saw an episode of "Dukes of Hazard" which featured a Blanik being auto towed by the General Lee. Have not been able to find evidence of this online though.

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 2:56:09 AM UTC-7, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 16:00:47 +1200, Bruce Hoult wrote:

And, yes, while it's nice to see soaring in feature films, I don' t know

if it helps that it's always a mega rich and powerful prick who is doing

it!

I can't help thinking that an episode of "The Dukes of Hazard" with the

boys racing beat-up 1-26s would be a hell or a lot more fun and,

probably, more realistic as well.

--

martin@ | Martin Gregorie

gregorie. | Essex, UK

org |

identify this movie and glider Johan Larson Soaring 16 March 16th 07 08:16 PM
shipping glider to NZ-advice on securing glider in trailer November Bravo Soaring 6 November 1st 06 03:05 PM
F.S. 3-glider trailer Nigel Pocock Soaring 0 September 29th 06 11:29 AM
glider trailer Q Ken Ward Soaring 10 August 28th 06 04:27 PM
glider trailer Q Steve Leonard Soaring 1 August 28th 06 05:29 AM