avier battery replacement

Old August 28th 18, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morris Carter[_2_]

Default avier battery replacement

My avier battery does not want to take a charge. Can the battery be
replaced?

Old August 28th 18, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

If that's a drone, you can buy replacement batteries on Amazon and other
places.Â* If you can buy them it's a good guess that you can replace them.

--
Dan, 5J
Old August 28th 18, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 5:00:06 AM UTC-7, Morris Carter wrote:
My avier battery does not want to take a charge. Can the battery be
replaced?

Hi Morris,

I assume you're talking about the flight computer. The battery is replaceable, but it involves some minor surgery as it's glued into the case. I ended up replacing mine with a Samsung S5 android phone and have been really happy with it. I got the Samsung used for about $150 last year. It does have an easily replaceable battery and a microSD card. Sunlight visibility is acceptable and it's much faster and smoother than the Avier for running LK8000 or XC-soar.

I do have a non-running Avier that has a battery in it. You're welcome to it for the cost of shipping, but I have no idea of the condition of the battery.

Best regards,
Craig
Old August 29th 18, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Borgelt[_2_]

On Tuesday, 28 August 2018 22:00:06 UTC+10, Morris Carter wrote:
My avier battery does not want to take a charge. Can the battery be
replaced?

I replaced one. Opened up (battery held in by double sided tape), found same size on ebay and replaced. Not difficult.

Avier is otherwise known as Vertica V2.
The Avier name is a joke. Tim Mara was selling them and didn't have a name so I suggested Avier because it sounds aviation related, but the joke is that A vier (A4 in German) was the von Braun team's designation of the later called V2 missile.